alien 3 curiosity

daveberg, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

ok, i'll try to be as modest as i can here but i appologise if i sound big headed. i know a hell of a lot about the alien films, i've been a fan for 15 years now and would like to think i know as much as some of the real 'anoraks' out there. one thing that bothers me though is the alien in the third movie. its missing its dorsal pipes on its back. now as i know, the pipes on the back of the aliens are used as a filteration/coolant system to aid the aliens biological survival under the most extreme of conditions. i know this alien in the 3rd film is different in structure but the question i pose is this, how, without those filtering tubes on the back can this alien survive say, in space? or underwater? bugging the hell out of me.

avp2.jpg

Unknown, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

hi dave what u up to

2905_468x60.gif

xeno.gif

hello mate, not much, just at work trying to pass the hours by.

avp2.jpg

ok so u heard about the site then

br>xeno.gif

yeah sounds like its going well.

avp2.jpg

yes just started it yesterday not to good yet but it will be dave do u think u could make me another sig yours well amazing but i have have it for a long time you what it is like

xeno.gif

if you can wait till just after xmas mate then i'll try and make ya another one.

avp2.jpg

thanks mate your the best dave who do u dont it all

xeno.gif

dave for the moment can i use this one off your site the one below

alienvspredatoravatar.jpg

whel my terory is that the alien...oh cra*p...
sorry dave I have no clue...I think it is yust a film goof. but when you read this post right in this moment I have alredy started to do research on this case! dont worry Il find out why it has no dorsal spines!

THE ALIEN PLOUGE:
WE ARE BOURNE WHEN ONE OF YOURS DIES.
WE ARE A LIVING DISASTER.
WE ARE THE APOCALYPSE FROM SPACE!!!!!!

nice one avp fan nr1!! and yeah you can use that sig for time being killer.

avp2.jpg

thanks dave i love this sig

and dave next month it will be close to my birthdAY 29TH JANUARY

Brighton, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

I really dont know what to say to that daveberg.
From a 3D cad point of view I guess that either they did n't have enough time or that creating alien movement with the tubes could have been difficult. Trust me cad designers are lazy fools and getting 100-300k per creation I don't think they care too much about logic

good enough reason. i did read that because of the genetic dna cross of the alien and dog and the way alien holds itself the dorsal spines would get in the way. but with that in mind i dont know how the alien would function without the spines as filters. i dunno. i'll keep looking this up. and killer, happy birthday for you soon then......

avp2.jpg

ok dave, can you explain again to me what the dorsal spines do if they are not suposed to breath whit?

THE ALIEN PLOUGE:
WE ARE BOURNE WHEN ONE OF YOURS DIES.
WE ARE A LIVING DISASTER.
WE ARE THE APOCALYPSE FROM SPACE!!!!!!

thanks mate but i have a bit to go first

go to www.freewebs.com/killerfromtheshawdows/

i'd love to use a 3d program to create a few alien renders, that would be fantastic though i presume time consuming...

avp2.jpg

dam right dave sounds good aswell

have a look at www.freewebs.com/killerfromtheshawdows/ its my old site i deleted alien wars and made this one tell me what you think and the new one xenoplanet that me and hunter are making is going to rock

dorsal spines - ok - basically they are used as a filter. the alien can survive on a planet which has an atmosphere of say hydrogen or another element and these g are filtered through the dorsal tubes enabaling the alien to adapt to its environment, somehow the aliens acid fuels the body without the aid of oxygen, also the dorsal tubes are used as a coolant system for the alien, theories show that they also may be used to expell waste from the body such as the secreeted resin we see the aliens use to capture their hosts with.

avp2.jpg