What type of alien is in isolation?

ultimate-xeno, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

I've been wondering what type of alien it is. I've been thinking its a drone I'm not so sure though.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

It's supposed to be the original so it can't be anything but a drone.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

It's a Giger Drone, his original monster. You can tell due to the transparent smooth dome.

Its part of the reasons I appreciate the game, as it stays true to the ALIEN world, monster and all.

^ It doesn't, though. The Isolation drone has shitty fingers, a shitty tail and a sight cone.

This is true, although the original Drone appeared to have a similar vision cone.

I say this mainly because of the scene where Ripley peers across the corner, and sees the Alien. If the Alien didn't have a cone of vision, then I would have seen (and killed her) immediately.

Also, at least it keeps the capabilities of the Alien. Its not like ALIENS or any of the other games where Aliens appear to only be a threat in numbers.

I'll have to watch the movie again cause i don't remember that scene.

Its after she activates the Nostromo's self destruct, followed by her trying to turn it off.

Argonian, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

So, aliens have a blind spot?

Interesting...

Yeah. I'm pretty sure the alien in Isolation is a drone, albeit bigger. Perhaps, it's host was a 2 meter or taller man?

GrimfulWolf, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

Has to be a drone, only they have those smooth heads.

But it seems really big to be a drone at the same time. But I never played the game before so what do I know.

@Argonian

According to old conventions (I seriously don't remember where they came from, because I learned about this stuff over 10 years ago) no. It is generally accepted that Xenomorphs don't have eyes and therefore do not rely on a sense that is as limited as sight. Supposedly, Xenomorphs get information from all directions at once and are able to find other living things at great distances and beyond any number of walls.

I think the best part is that we DON'T know and that we can theorize. It's never stated in canon, so its up to us.

Personally, I like to think it "sees" or "hears" us in an abstract sense we cannot understand.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

@DW: That theory also works really well with the original Giger design. The head on the Giger Drone has little to no room to actually rotate, nor can it comfortably look upward, so it would be impractical for it to have eyes like ours.

It does have eye sockets, but those are decorative, probably.

I like to think that the "child" of a Xenomorph is actually the process of rapid evolution, and that the skull hadn't been phased out yet. Much like our pinky finger, or our appendix.

Actually, it would be cool to have an Alien headcannon thread. Time to post!!

Dark, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

So um can anyone explain why the Xeno in this one is bulletproof and the others can be killed by bullets, it this some inverse ninja law happening? (Context: A Lone Ninja destroys and wrecks but lots of ninjas fail to defeat one guy as is if theres a swarm of aliens they rely on numbers and stuff and are killed relatively ok but if theres one they're like indestructible.)

badapple24, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

Because the giger alien, as described by ash develops polysilicone elements, making it one tough sonofabitch. It's only assumed that doesn't kill the alien

Plus we are talking 15 years after the nostromo on a space station where the best weapon is a pistol. So you'd only really get a few squash head rounds and not much else

Dark, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

Touché

x-M-x, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

Classic Drone From 1979 Alien no doubt.

L___, Xenomorph, 5 years ago

Its a regular drone xenomorph. Usually, if a xenomorph is surviving on its own without a queen then its highly likely to be more dangerous then usual.