-Bloo-, Yautja, 7 years ago

I haven't, but I have heard that it's not as good as the 1st season. I'm hoping most of the disappointment is just because people's expectations were really high (which is absolutely fair), but I've also heard the writing's just not as good no matter what your expectations were (which is completely understandable since the showrunners changed between seasons; something similar happened to Arrow but with catastrophically worse results).

I'm still bent on enjoying it but I'm not gonna pretend to like it if I don't. I'm just hoping the good stuff outweighs the bad.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 7 years ago

Oh, if show runners changed then that makes sense. Sad thing, then. Season 1 was on par with current day cinematography and storytelling standards; the way it wasn't just the story of the hero, but also the story of the villain and stuff like that. In season 2 the first few episodes were alright, but I feel like the latter 70% of the season was all about ninjas appearing out of nowhere. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if it's not, I guess that means that the actual things that were happening weren't memorable at all. There was also a whole "-I want you to be with me. -No, I don't want to be with you.; -I've decided I want to be with you. -No, I can't be with you.; -I can finally be with you. -No, I don't ever want to be with you.; -I've changed my mind, we can be together. -No, I don't think I can." fucking stupid love story.

tawganator, Yautja, 7 years ago

I can't wait for them to get the whole defenders thing going with daredevil, Jessica Jones, powerman and iron fist. I love 1st season of Daredevil (have not seen season 2 yet) and Jessica Jones. I think the villains really made it awesome.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 7 years ago

Saw the Warcraft movie on Friday. It was neither as awesome as I was hoping it would be, but it was also not as awful as I was dreading it could be. Was a good movie to be sure, and has an engaging plot and some fantastic actors bringing beloved characters to life in a new and interesting manner.

As a Warcraft fan, I really got into it. I think for non-Warcraft fans, it might take a minute to adjust to the setting, but definitely not enough to lessen the viewer's enjoyment of the film.

IMDB ranks it at 7.8 on a scale of 1 to 10, which I think is fair and accurate. Going to see it a second time tomorrow(first time watching it was with my Mom and Sister), this time with my Dad.

I have never played Warcraft but I do intend to go into the movies with an open mind and ready to dumb myself down if need be to enjoy the film. That being said is there anything that I will need to know about the world of Warcraft before seeing it?

concretehunter, Yautja, 7 years ago

All the best to the people and their family's involved in the shooting. I can't imagine the pain and stress they're going through right now.

Stop the world please, I would like to get off.

^ It seems like everyday there is more and more strife in the world, and it really hurts when it hits close to home. My heart aches for the family's of those killed and those injured, and one of my Mom's friends actually knows people who live in that area and frequent that club. Seeing that person's worry and grief has made it... feel more personal to me I guess. It's just an awful thing.

@Tawg: The film is aimed at larger audiences and starts where the very first Warcraft game did, so you don't need to know any of the preexisting lore which is cool. It is also kind of like the MCU in that it doesn't follow the source material as closely as one might expect.

My parents and siblings have all seen it now, and none of them know anything about Warcraft aside from the fact I like it and I'm Horde for life. They all loved it. Upon my second viewing I found I enjoyed it way more, because my Warcraft fan boy side was skeptical first viewing, but without that in the way on viewing #2 it was epic as fuck.

Dronehive, Yautja, 7 years ago

God, this is awful.

Speaking of awful, there's an Ed Wood movie on TV.

Also Warcraft was great.

^ My parents are calling themselves Frost Wolves now after seeing the film. >_>

I took my dad with me to watch it and we both loved it. No longer can they say that all video game inspired movies are doomed to fail.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 7 years ago

All this violence is starting to make me numb, it doesn't shock me and now my initial reaction is "Ok let me know when the next maniac goes on a rampage." Stuff like this is starting to seem normal now, like hearing about a burglary. The only thing I can do now is cling to my empathy or at least what's left of it. Not to mention I'm tired of seeing political bullshit on Facebook involving people going back and forth saying they're glad 49 people died and how they wish more people had the balls to carry out an attack like this. I'm sick of people using massacres to further their shit political agendas.

Positive note: My birthday was amazing. Except for drinking a couple of mini bottles of Sutter Home Red California Blend, it made me sick and it tasted like rotting green olives and grapes.

badapple24, Yautja, 7 years ago

It really is, I mean I live in canada, but i can't imagine the horrors those families are going through

also this is the second year in a row that the mainboard RPG has opened on my birthday :P

Deathdrop, Yautja, 7 years ago

The funniest/saddest/horrifying part is watching the same pieces of shit who've been fighting gun control and marriage equality TOOTH AND NAIL for the last decade saying how sorry they are, while STILL going out of their way to avoid saying the word "gay" in connection with the tragedy. Can't have our base feeling bad for the queers now, can we? Fucking disgraceful.

I can honestly say I'm embarrassed to be an American.

Dronehive, Yautja, 7 years ago

I mean i'm against gun control and I'm fucking trans.

One sode says it has mothing yo do with gays and the other says it has nothing to do with the form of islam practiced by the middle east. Wtf.

@dronehive: To clarify, I'm not against people keeping a gun in their house for self-defense, or hunting or whatever. I'm not against gun licenses.

I just think that, PERHAPS, if someone is widely known to be a nut, has been arrested for domestic violence more than once, has a violent temper, regularly engages in dodgy behavior, was interviewed by the FBI on suspicion of ties to terrorism (TWICE), and is a raging homophobe despite constant visits to a gay club, then maybe-JUST MAYBE-that person should not be able to walk into a gun store and buy a fucking military grade assault rifle no questions asked.

Or at least a background check? I mean, shit, it's not as though this is some strange, untried thing that might not work. Every other developed country on Earth has some form of common sense gun control. We don't even need to go as far as they do. Christ, this is literally "Hey, maybe if someone is on the no-fly list and known to be super unstable, they shouldn't be able to get an AR-15."

Given the level of rabid homophobia in this country and the current scare-mongering over trans people using the fucking bathroom, don't you think people like you and I might be a little safer if the unstable homophobic nutjobs couldn't get their hands on military-grade weaponry within ten minutes with no questions asked?

There will still be gun crime no mater what the law is; I'm not naive. But there would be LESS gun crime, and massacres like this would be a hell of a lot less likely.

Now, on the subject of cause... There's just no question. Anyone who looks at the biography of the shooter can figure out that he was in the closet and in denial, masking it as many people do with extreme homophobia. The suggestion that homophobia played no role in this is as ridiculous as the idea that the Queen of England is a blood-sucking lizard person from another dimension. I'm serious; it's THAT stupid.

And for fuck's sake, it's not as though him being a radical Islamic terrorist would somehow preclude the attack targeting the LGBTQ community; ISIS are not exactly gay-friendly. So let me correct you: Anyone with two brain cells to rub together understands that homophobia plays some role in this. Gutless politicians try to downplay that angle because they want to hump the tragedy for votes while maintaining their childish anti-gay temper tantrums.

Fred Phelps could have risen from his grave and shot up a pride parade while distributing copies of a signed confession of his motives and the Fox News crowd would blame it on Islamic fundamentalism. Their willful ignorance in this area defies comprehension.

In other words, I'm not saying fundamentalist religious extremism isn't partly to blame, only that scumbag pundits are focusing on that angle to the exclusion of literally anything else. I would charitably suggest that such deliberate denial of reality is politically motivated.

I mean, I've come to expect this kinda shit from the country that's about to vote for a walking strawman argument in droves. I put literally nothing past the willful ignorance of this place, nor the gleeful stupidity of a chunk of its population. Sorry to get so serious, but that's how I feel.

EDIT: And in case anyone thinks I'm exaggerating... A few years ago, at the height of "FUCKIN' OBAMA AND HIS WELLFARE QUEENS HURR DURR," a skinhead and known white supremacist wearing a jacket with Apartheid-era political symbols on it made a bunch of super racist posts on social media, and then shot up a black church (while yelling racist shit) that had played a historic role in the civil rights movement. While in custody, he confessed that he hoped to start a race war.

What did the same lunatics currently going out of their way not to say "gay" take from this?

ANTI-CHRISTIAN BIGOTRY. I'm not joking. That's what we're dealing with, here. They have zero interest in keeping this from happening again and every interest in getting elected. Their base is scared of Muslims, but can't stand LGBTQ people. Ergo, they play dumb and exploit the tragedy for all it's worth.

The world needs a goal in mind to work towards. Without one we are doomed to repeat the same bullshit mistake we've been making for the last 200 years. My vote would be for a Star Trek like society. I know it sounds nerdy but it is a dream.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 7 years ago

WORKING THEORY: They can't admit it was homophobic because then they would admit that gay people exist.

"The terrorists" has been a convenient scapegoat for literally everything in American since ever. I doubt your average Trump supporter actually knows what ISIS stands for, but it doesn't matter. Behind closed doors, all the far-right politicians know it was homophobic just as much as you and I do, but like you said, that's not what gets votes. Between supporting a controversial opinion that could hurt their defunct relationship with other Far-Righties("I think them Gays are pretty OKEY-DOKEY") and one that'll resonate with them instead ("THE MIDDLE EAST IS BAD AND ISLAM IS BAD AND RRRRRAAARRRLL!!!"), they'll choose the latter; they'll spout the opinion that allows them to shift the blame from their own society to another. Clearly this has shitfuckall to do with our own people, right?

To be fair, I know not every Islamophobic person in America is a no-inside-voice straw man with anger issues, but they're still dangerously ignorant. Americans who hate people named Ahmed for having ambiguously foreign skin and a different God are the same Americans who claim racism ended when MLK died for White America's racist sins. They forget he never rose from the dead 3 days later. (Or was it when Lincoln died for slavery? I don't know, I'm not a very good Catholic.)

And you're not being too serious. It's a good amount of serious.

@Tawg: I know nothing about Star Trek's society except that "BEAM ME UP SCOTTY" was never actually said in the show (supposedly). How is it?

The Star Trek society isn't very different from our current society. A society run by Captain Picard is a different story.

@Bloo: Bingo.

@everything else in the universe including Bloo because fuck yeah: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT... Picard makes everything better.

EDIT: Lost Tapes might be the worst TV show I've ever seen, holy shit.