Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › OFF-TOPIC THREAD 17: DINOSAURS ARE THE SHIT

Forum

OFF-TOPIC THREAD 17: DINOSAURS ARE THE SHIT

Register or login to post
DeathWraith
2016-06-03 01:23:04
Xenomorph
I love to say that to taxis and then watch them be confused.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
the_doctor
2016-06-07 09:54:36
Yautja
Hate to come back just to self promote but I'm planning on actually sticking around this time. So much has changed...I feel so old. Anyway I've just started a YouTube channel if you guys wanna check it out. It's just basically me and my mates talking shit about films. I'm gonna be getting to Alien 3 and Predator 2 soon enough to viciously defend them as I always have.

Anyhow if you want to hear my sultry tones the first ep is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlmSK7Yc1Jc

are you predator or prey?

-Bloo-
2016-06-08 15:06:37
Xenomorph
After sitting through Age of Ultron last year, I just stopped caring about the MCU... but Civil War, Daredevil, and Jessica Jones changed my mind. I'm really impressed; they're very well done pieces of work, superhero or otherwise. I wish Marvel's films were like the Netflix shows. I understand why they aren't and probably can't be, but god the Netflix shows are so good at balancing humor and drama--something Ultron was complete shit at and something the DCEU films are even worse at.

@Doc: Oops, I should have checked this thread first. I'll definitely take a look sometime. And welcome back. Aside from the Youtube channel, how's things been for you?

Edit: "I'm gonna be getting to Alien 3 and Predator 2 soon enough to viciously defend them"

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

DeathWraith
2016-06-08 18:12:24
Xenomorph
Have you seen season 2 of Daredevil? It was pretty stupid. Season 1 was amazing, almost high budget British TV. But season 2 was uh... Well I wouldn't recommend it to myself.

READ THE RULES

-Bloo-
2016-06-09 11:01:59
Xenomorph
I haven't, but I have heard that it's not as good as the 1st season. I'm hoping most of the disappointment is just because people's expectations were really high (which is absolutely fair), but I've also heard the writing's just not as good no matter what your expectations were (which is completely understandable since the showrunners changed between seasons; something similar happened to Arrow but with catastrophically worse results).

I'm still bent on enjoying it but I'm not gonna pretend to like it if I don't. I'm just hoping the good stuff outweighs the bad.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

DeathWraith
2016-06-10 03:20:11
Xenomorph
Oh, if show runners changed then that makes sense. Sad thing, then. Season 1 was on par with current day cinematography and storytelling standards; the way it wasn't just the story of the hero, but also the story of the villain and stuff like that. In season 2 the first few episodes were alright, but I feel like the latter 70% of the season was all about ninjas appearing out of nowhere. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but if it's not, I guess that means that the actual things that were happening weren't memorable at all. There was also a whole "-I want you to be with me. -No, I don't want to be with you.; -I've decided I want to be with you. -No, I can't be with you.; -I can finally be with you. -No, I don't ever want to be with you.; -I've changed my mind, we can be together. -No, I don't think I can." fucking stupid love story.

READ THE RULES

tawganator
2016-06-10 22:02:21
Xenomorph
I can't wait for them to get the whole defenders thing going with daredevil, Jessica Jones, powerman and iron fist. I love 1st season of Daredevil (have not seen season 2 yet) and Jessica Jones. I think the villains really made it awesome.

King of the Drones
Life is long but the Day is short
skull_ripper
2016-06-11 22:57:06
Yautja
Saw the Warcraft movie on Friday. It was neither as awesome as I was hoping it would be, but it was also not as awful as I was dreading it could be. Was a good movie to be sure, and has an engaging plot and some fantastic actors bringing beloved characters to life in a new and interesting manner.

As a Warcraft fan, I really got into it. I think for non-Warcraft fans, it might take a minute to adjust to the setting, but definitely not enough to lessen the viewer's enjoyment of the film.

IMDB ranks it at 7.8 on a scale of 1 to 10, which I think is fair and accurate. Going to see it a second time tomorrow(first time watching it was with my Mom and Sister), this time with my Dad.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
tawganator
2016-06-12 02:00:03
Xenomorph
I have never played Warcraft but I do intend to go into the movies with an open mind and ready to dumb myself down if need be to enjoy the film. That being said is there anything that I will need to know about the world of Warcraft before seeing it?

King of the Drones
Life is long but the Day is short
concretehunter
2016-06-12 15:33:39
Yautja
All the best to the people and their family's involved in the shooting. I can't imagine the pain and stress they're going through right now.

Stop the world please, I would like to get off.
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

skull_ripper
2016-06-12 21:43:18
Yautja
^ It seems like everyday there is more and more strife in the world, and it really hurts when it hits close to home. My heart aches for the family's of those killed and those injured, and one of my Mom's friends actually knows people who live in that area and frequent that club. Seeing that person's worry and grief has made it... feel more personal to me I guess. It's just an awful thing.

@Tawg: The film is aimed at larger audiences and starts where the very first Warcraft game did, so you don't need to know any of the preexisting lore which is cool. It is also kind of like the MCU in that it doesn't follow the source material as closely as one might expect.

My parents and siblings have all seen it now, and none of them know anything about Warcraft aside from the fact I like it and I'm Horde for life. They all loved it. Upon my second viewing I found I enjoyed it way more, because my Warcraft fan boy side was skeptical first viewing, but without that in the way on viewing #2 it was epic as fuck.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Dronehive
2016-06-14 06:39:23
Xenomorph
God, this is awful.
Register or login to post

Nostromo Tshirt

Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners