Mebber, Yautja, 7 years ago

It's surprising the show even aired and survived for 3 seasons.

A black female and russians/japanese as officers and recurring characters, a second-in-command who looks like "devil incarnate", a weird pacifistic ideology... Star Trek was pretty bold as a show, it must have made quite a stir back then.

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 7 years ago

So I got kicked out of college.

But guess what else?

It is not my fault and I blame it completely on depression.

Dronehive, Yautja, 7 years ago

Humanity and gender are odd.

@GF Sorry to hear that man, wish ya the best

skull_ripper, Yautja, 7 years ago

I... wh... I... I missed a Star Trek/Tumblr/Gender discussion? Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ;-;

Looking at the diary stuff though, I think it might be fun to write some from the perspective of original characters. I'm thinking an Orc and an Alien Cephalopod... done separately of course.

@GF: Sorry to hear that bro, I hope you're doing alright.

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 7 years ago

I mean it blows and I wish it wouldn't have happened, but hey, it happens

-Bloo-, Yautja, 7 years ago

Man I wish I knew what the fuck y'all were talking about but I have never watched an episode of Star Trek in my life.

Edit: Oh but I did watch that one movie where Spock was dead but came back as a child or something. And he was screaming a lot, I guess.

@GF: Really sorry to hear that, man. College isn't for everybody anyway; you don't need it to live a fulfilling life.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 7 years ago

You should give Next Generation a shot Bloo, it is really corny for the first couple of seasons, but it gets really good. DS9 is also good, but it kind of needs Next Generation to set it up or else a lot of it wont make any sense.

I only watch the episode "Arena" from the original series because, you know, surprisingly badass cheesy space lizards. >_>

Mebber, Yautja, 7 years ago

First TNG season highlight

Apart from that, it was pretty boring...

DeathWraith, Yautja, 7 years ago

"Looking at the diary stuff though, I think it might be fun to write some from the perspective of original characters."

We had that in the DBO. We had a thread that was supposed to be a collection of ship's logs from the perspective of different members that spanned from when Xeuss acquired the ship to the DBO's downfall. And we would have fictive dates for each entry and if they were on the same date the events would be the same but told from different perspectives.

That would be so interesting to read through.

@SR: Maybe some day, but I'm so backed up on my watch list that I'm probably not gonna watch it any time soon unless someone pays me to.

About Star Trek, what got me into watching TNG was that I watched the "recuts" made by some Russian guy who calls himself Grin - and there were over 250 of them because apparently the guy has all of TNG memorized from watching it so much when he was little. But now he's been getting strike after strike so I'm not sure they're on youtube anymore.

Is that the dude who edited Picard to look like he was playing a flute while the ship was under attack? I miss that video.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 7 years ago

@DW: I like my explanation better cuz there's dicks in it.

Well, Kirk is a dick either way, so both have dicks.

@Bloo: Could be. He did a lot of things. Generally it was an opposite world where Picard was the most degenerate being possible and becomes an all-powerful deity at some point and every other crew member is just as insane. This is the only one of my favourites that I can remember by title.

EDIT: I guess I've found two of his newer channels.

EDIT2: Another one.

tawganator, Yautja, 7 years ago

DW: Just watched that and I still have tears rolling down my eyes. Thank you for showing me this whole new world of fucked up world of star trek.

badapple24, Yautja, 7 years ago

Can I take both Dicks at once @Tawg

The safeword is "Choppa."

tawganator, Yautja, 7 years ago

I've always preferred "pineapple" as my safe word. It's just so classic. Anyone else got a safe word that they like or just use regularly?

The password is "swordfish"

"Cowabunga" is always good for a laugh.