skull_ripper, Yautja, 8 years ago

I've never really looked into Metal Gear Solid, I'm under the impression it is more of a guns-a-blazin' modern-ish game(I could easily be wrong though), if so it's not my cup of tea. I like High Fantasy and Science Fiction, I only play other genre games if my brother plays them, and only for the sake of brotherly interaction.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 8 years ago

Well it used to be a stealth action game. I'm not sure if it's still stealth. Chec it out.

krio, Yautja, 8 years ago

It's still stealth action. I've been following it since I was 8. The game is still a stealth game, one in which you must avoid detection at all costs in order to make it to your objective. Getting detected gets you punished severely.
I LOVE THIS GAME TO DEATH.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 8 years ago

Damn now I feel old.

Unrelated news is anybody figuring that the drought on the west coast is man made? I'm pissed and worried because some reports are saying California only has a year of water left. Hope it's not true but if that Godzilla El NiƱo thing hits my state we might be ok for a while.

Hah. Why would you feel old?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 8 years ago

Sometimes I think goats are tapping my phone.

badapple24, Yautja, 8 years ago

Sometimes, I think of all the avp forums I chose the batshit craziest one and ask myself why I joined this fandom...

Woo! Bought the Scavage Predator action figure today! Now I'll have two Yautja in my collection :D

Anyone know how to embed videos in a post on here? I plan to post a review of it on here after I toss it up on YouTube, but've never embedded a video on here before.

I'm pretty sure there is/used to be a rule about not embedding videos.

So apparently there's a game breaking bug in the new Metal Gear. You probably should watch this if you're playing it and it hasn't happened to you already.

Hmm, it appears you are correct, there's a rule against embedded videos/music. Perhaps I meant hyperlinking?

Basically I just want the video to be shown on the page of the thread I intend to make rather than just being a link to another location.

If all else fails I can just use pictures or a link, but at the same time really hope I don't have to purely due to presentation preference.

You meant embedding.

@badapple: You're right, this site is much less fun than Avpgalaxy members passive-aggressively correcting each other on whether there's canon justification for Baraka being played by a black guy in the Mortal Kombat fan film.

@DW: Well fuck... I remembered a Walrus video being embedded in Decade of Dick Jokes and nobody seemed to care, so I assumed it must be fine. Static picture/GIF review it'll be then, thank you for the clarification DeathWraith.

I mean you could always just make a video, embed a frame like a thumbnail and and make it link to the video, you know? I don't see why that would be a problem. I'm sure that people who won't watch it just because of that, weren't gonna watch it anyway. And I'm basing this on personal experience, because I'm not gonna watch it anyway.

badapple24, Yautja, 8 years ago

As fun as passive-aggressiveness is, it's not so- wait it's pretty much fun. But we're higher people we just use heavy sarcasm

And also we have better legs than they do. Don't forget that.

You know, once you notice that Scully was immortal all along, the series becomes much less thrilling.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 8 years ago

Well I may have finally found an apartment that's affordable and not in a gang infested neighborhood. My nomad days may soon be over, yet I'm cautious about this. Last time the rent shot sky high so couldn't get that place. Lately I've been looking out of state, I might consider moving to Oregon, Washington, my dad's hometown of Pinetops or I'l move to Florida or perhaps Alaska or in a pinch Georgia.

OH, YEAH!
BIRD DINOS!
I ALMOST FORGOT!

Well, shit.
Everyday is a school day.
Like today, I learned chickens were dinos.