who gets more attension?

kingpredator, Undefined, 18 years ago

alien or predator?

Ancienthunter, Undefined, 18 years ago

I would have to say Aliens are more liked but People love Preds cause in the the Alien movies its all stealth and suspension horror but Preds are coming back for example i saw that they already have PREDATOR on PSP to show who has more of a better Reputation i wouldnt think they put the Alien movies on PSP

22.jpg

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

erg i have no clue. they both get a whole lot i'll tell ya that!

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~

OTANG, Undefined, 18 years ago

hmmmm i left off topic a bit. i guess i have to admit that xenomorphs can have the most attention because the people behind them, including giger put more thought behind the creature and there is probably more literature to back up thier 'history'. yautja has cool weapons and stuff however they never had good resources to back it up. some yautja sites give some history, but if you ask me it just seems bogus. for example, the dreadlock ritual about restarting if pain is displayed is kinda cheesy, even though native americans had their own rituals that ended without completion if they themselves showed pain. too bad no real history about how yautja are born, trained,etc is availble. xenomorphs can also cause sheer terror at the mere site of them, which alos intrigues people. i guess (rolling eyes) xenos 1, yautja 0.

FrozenAlien, Undefined, 18 years ago

Egg Face Hugger Chest Burster Drone Warrior Newborn Predator

im talking about those though

-----------------------------------------
WHOEVER WINS....WE LOSE....
- AVP,Alien Vs. Predator
Yay Another Female On the Site
www.planetavp.com

you wanted stimulating converstaion dave, there you go :)

i hope i'm not playing with fire by going up against daveberg :)

daveberg:"If anything, the predators are the more boring of the two because they are not hardened enough creatures to be able to fight the aliens without having weapons."

having intellect is the most powerful weapon imho.

daveberg:"The aliens have a completely diverse and complex bio mechanical body structure, plus their life cycle is amazingly abstract"

in real animals this evolution is based on billions of years of trial and error. it's thier adaptation because they are a species that merely 'reacts' to stimuli or environmental forces. in contrast to the xenomorphs, yautja developed the technolgy with their imagination and creativity. can you say the same for the xenos? xenos i think are cooler, but they have about as much intelligence as Flipper. lol

Ace, Undefined, 18 years ago

close call predators have the wicked awesome tech, aliens have the crazy as hell life cycle hard decision. They balance each other out, the both of them have high standards in my book.

acesig.jpg

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

In the UK we have a deluxe box set with all the alien and pred films bundled together, you're right when you say most of the time the two species go hand in hand together.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

I think the alien & predator franchises are both still very popular. CJ was in the top ten best selling games in Australia just cause it was a pred game. The alien franchise probably gets more attention though, although these days, one species is rarely mentioned without the other being mentioned also. There's even a double pack now with alien & pred 1 DVD's together, oh & btw in my opinion an elder could take down a queen, there's already a thread for it, my reasons are in there

stalker.jpg

Judging from the official vote on the official avp website, the aliens proved to be more popular and have been around longer than the predator franchise.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

ya that was then what about now

celtic102, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeah the 2nd alien movie was released a year before the 1st predator

Freddy Saying Of The Week"Ever Played Skin Ther Cat !"
Freddy Pic of The Week

Celtic102.jpg
My Funny Flash Movie Site

i think predator gets more attension and am not saying that cause i think hes cool.

That was then and now - there's just simply more merchandise and a bigger market for the alien franchise, the predator series died out after two films, pretty much all hope of a third pred film is out the window yet alien 5 is still being talked about by Ridley Scott.....

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

ya but alien is so boooooooring all he has its a secound jaw and acid blood, but predator has a spear,disc,wristblads,cool mouth,plasma canon,and the boam i meen come on thats alot compared to a alien!

How do you justify the xenomorphs as boring?!
If anything, the predators are the more boring of the two because they are not hardened enough creatures to be able to fight the aliens without having weapons.

The aliens have a completely diverse and complex bio mechanical body structure, plus their life cycle is amazingly abstract and unlike anything ever shown before.

The predators are basically like humans but with crab like faces, they are a relatively civilised race with technology and small communities, that makes them less original and in effect - 'more boring'

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

dont forget the alien life cycle, that adds much to an alien, facehuggers which freak the hell out of me, impregnate their host in the absolute creepiest way, then a chestburter is being incubated in the host till its ready to come out and BOOM it shoots out of someones chest. it eventually sheds and becomes a drone. i dont see any preds doing that. its just that aliens are ALOT scarier then preds. even pred fans have to admitt that : /

ya ya well i guess thay are scaryer but not as intelligent.....

That much is true, the predators are more advanced when it comes to mental capability.

bergmod.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

well you can look at that in a diffrent manner though...predators are far supiror in technology, but the xenos have a more advanced way in many other things. such as communication, their living structure, when they fight(this is a very close one with both xeno and pred) they are both very stealthy but xenos are much quicker and have no mercy/honor or whatever you would like to call it, making them the greater killing machine. but the intellegence of the drones is alot diffrent from that of the queens, its been shown that the queen is a WHOLE lot smarter then a normal drone. its a weird type of intelligence, its sorta hard to explain, but it depends on what view you have.
but mentally, the predators are alot smarter