the_doctor, Yautja, 9 years ago

my ears are burning...

predatoress, Yautja, 9 years ago

Ahh sorry, maybe I shouted that too loud :P

DeathWraith, Yautja, 9 years ago

Well then.

badapple24, Yautja, 9 years ago

Damn, i always suspected DeathWraith playing with that ouija board would bring back demons. I WARNED YOU! YOU'VE OPENED THE GATES OF FORUM HELL!

That's no way to talk about grandma predess. She saved this forum from certain moderation more times than I can remember. She is 30% of the reason I'm an asshole and 30% of the reason I'm not a much bigger asshole.

badapple24, Yautja, 9 years ago

If donut comes back I'm going to deskflip...

Deathdrop, Yautja, 9 years ago

When one formerly-dead account shows up, others tend to follow. It's like we have a site necromancer or something.

EDIT: I think the "X hours ago" things to the right of the posts is broken. I made a new thread about 30 seconds ago, and it says it's four hours old. The hell?

Yeah it's been broken for months and there have been several posts about it.

... I should probably read the "ask a mod" thread more regularly...

the_doctor, Yautja, 9 years ago

Re: Forum Necromancy.

I never left. I'm always here in the shadows. Lurking. Waiting. Always.

With nothing to say.

Could you bring back Mebber and Crow? And also PV2 and 428? And Assassin, just for shits and giggles?

EDIT: Also, Concrete-if you're around this week, I'll probably be on Skype at some point.

predatoress, Yautja, 9 years ago

Thank you DW, that was the kindest thing anyone has said to me in years *getting emotional in here* lol

Aw, let me make up for it by reminding you of that time I replaced your facebook banner.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 9 years ago

Hey members that I don't really know are back. Hi *waves awkwardly*

So....who here is worried about Ebola in the US because I'm not worried. I mean I'm concerned but I'm not in full on panic mode here.

I think you might have Ebola already, because you posted twice saying the same silly things but in a different order. If you've ever played Pandemic, you'll know that a virus that kills its victims too fast is not much of a threat overall, because if all the infected people die, so does the virus. Ebola kills in less than a month, which is extremely fast I'd say.

PLUS: "Ebola is transmitted through bodily fluids and/or direct contact with infected individuals. It is believed to spread to human populations through contact with infected primates, as opposed to directly from natural reservoirs. The suspected natural sources of the virus are certain species of fruit bats."

So unless you hug that Ebola patient or he spits on you, I think you're pretty much safe. Remember when smallpox was a thing?

Mebber, Yautja, 9 years ago

While it is a real bad situation for Liberia and Co at the moment, its just hilarious how some people love to get hysterical about ebola. People love their doomsday scenarios i guess. I've got the notion that no week passes without a new article warning about how dangerous ebola is, and that it might become a super-pandemic.

Look at the 1918 flu, now that was a true pandemic. Don't want to insult the poor guys dying of ebola in Africa, but compared to a true pandemic, Ebola is still just very marginal. And DW already pointed out how ill-suited ebola actually is for widespread infection.

THERE'S ONE CASE IN TEXAS WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE OH SWEET CHRIST ON A SEGWAY.

Dronehive, Yautja, 9 years ago

@DD

That was like, a week ago. (IM IN TEXAS NOPE)

@DW and Mebber

Do either of you know if a mosquito could theoretically transmit Ebola? Or, if it mutates, could it spread via mosquito? Because then it would be a pandemic and we would all actually relive smallpox. You know, the whole bleeding out of your entire body thing...

It's not transmitted through mosquitoes. And even if it were, winter is, in fact, coming. Since it kills so fast, all the people who have it will have been dead in quarantine for a long time by the next mosquito season starts. There's a huge difference between the USA, where every single person is kept under surveillance, and underdeveloped African countries, where people live together with the fauna.

Dronehive, Yautja, 9 years ago

True.

I hope the people with Ebola die quickly (In a good way?)