tawganator, Yautja, 10 years ago

I have heard of flcl. I think I will watch it. But I might need some help. I have heard about it after all.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

I. Am. Alive.

Outran the tornado, I live at the Lake of the Ozarks and there were actually eyewitness reports, pictures, videos of it going across the lake itself and such. Basically I looked out the window of Target's Starbucks and to the left it was decently clear, and to the right it looked like Mordor which is where my house is, to the right of where I was standing I mean... >.>

The damn Tornado warning kept everyone running back and forth through the store, every time it came on we had to go into the back of the store and then when it ended we went back to the front and all that shit. It happened like seven fucking times, eventually we(my brother and sister and I) drove home through the heavy rain and wind, my brother hasn't had his drivers license for that long so it was a little nerve racking.

But I am alive, my internet has been down since Wednesday and AT&T(A.K.A. Cocksuckers United) took their sweet-ass time repairing it. What a bunch cocksuckers, I say.

So I ended up taking pictures of Azog in the rain and stuff because I was bored, but now my internet is now repaired and I have reattached myself to Y'all like a testicular leech. Yay!

@DD: Yes, there was a Witch on a bicycle. But it was raining so she melted and I still need to finish scraping the little dried chucks off of the car.

@DL: I have survived, and remember Missouri is like Tahiti, its a magical place.

@Tawg: I thought I said tomato too when I was reading the page that had my statement on it.

@Bloo: I BEAT THE TORNADO BLOO, I BEAT THAT MOTHERFUCKER!

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

DW could you teach me some korean?

Glad to hear you are alright SR. Was there much if any damage to something of yours?

DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

@SR

Yay you're ok! *happy dance*

RIP The Streak :'(

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

@SR: Save it, snort it. You will see forever and also turn green. But you need to do it NOW, or else it will age too much and you'll end up in an awful movie with James Franco.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

James Franco is filming another one right now. It's called 17 Again.

oh god this wasnt clever at all fuck me

I snorted it DD, I was a blue Orc, now I'm a green one. It's effecting my personality and shit, man. I hate small dogs and annoying children interlopers slightly more than before and I want to wear a black dress... and wear silver shoes(the ruby red slippers were silver in the original story.)

And a flying monkey just flew into the window, and think it is going to get worse from here on out....

Peterson, Yautja, 10 years ago

hes not that terrible of an actor

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that he was. I actually think he's pretty good (he killed it in 127 hours), but he was shit in that Oz movie. I mean, so was everyone else in that movie (which was godawful), but still. He was especially bad. He made up for it with "This is the End," though. Stupid, but funny.

I liked This is the End but what was wrong with Oz?

I dunno, man. I really don't know. I can explain why I hated stuff like Man of Steel and 300 in excruciating detail, but Oz didn't have any particular standout. It was just... bad.

EDIT: So not to be a complete attention whore or anything (me? Never), but has anyone read my 'Valhalla Sucks" story on my blog? If so, what did you think? I know the ending is kind of crappy, but what about everything else?

I wasn't implying he sucks either (I actually like a lot of his work, but I haven't seen Oz). I was actually referring to his recent scandal.

@DD: I thought it was gonna be a review for that new book, Valhalla. Anyway, I'm gonna read it now.

Edit: That was interesting. You're right, something's off or out of place about the ending, but it's not a bad idea.

The most engaging parts weren't the details about the afterlife (although this was probably intentional) - it was the exploration of the guy's past and his psyche. All the subtle comments regarding those things, like "It had only been farm animals or his hands up to that point," gave a little bit of that "something" to a character who would otherwise be completely flat.

I think more of that would have done him some good, but yeah, not bad overall.

Edit: Also, dude, if anyone's an attention whore, it's me. I made an entire thread dedicated to my writing/art, so you're off the hook.

I don't think I liked it DD, not in the slightest. It isn't your writing or anything, I really like your style and you write very well, it's just... it's something dear to me from my childhood cheapened, like a remake of a cartoon twenty years later, like the Biker Mice from Mars/Thundercats/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles remakes. To be perfectly honest, it hurt to read it.

^ Ouch. Thanks for the honesty, though; as long as the writing is good I'm on the right track, I'm just sorry the story didn't work for you.

It really wasn't bad, though. It can be polished, but it definitely wasn't terrible.

Edit: Oops, I misinterpreted SR's comment about "it's not your writing." I thought he meant... "It doesn't sound like you at all, it sucks."

That said, I DO like your other stuff way more. Especially the post about becoming a supervillain (even though that wasn't actually a short story).

@SR: I admit I'm not big on that type of stuff (which is the reason I haven't played Skyrim yet, but would, without a doubt, hop on Fallout 4 in 2 seconds flat), so I didn't pay much attention to the mythology. I guess that's why I was more fascinated by the characterization - despite a few details, the dude could have been from any era.

Also, you're all gonna stick a plunger up my ass for this, but that's also why I haven't seen ANY of the LOTR movies. Or read of any of it. Or Game of Thrones. Or just... anything like that.

Does Zelda count? I like Zelda a lot.

First day of college today, wanted to stab 3 people in the face. didnt stab said people walked away like a BAMF hot chicks feeling up my arm tats swamped with schoolwork... fuck it ive got a week to do it. #YOLO #DD #SWAG #BLAZIN 420! or whatever the fucks say now a days.

^That is kind of what college was like for my brother, except his tattoo is on his foot. I hope nobody molested his foot though.

@DD: I only took it hard because of my ancestry, and being told the old Norse legends as a child on a more personal level than most, I'm not one of the people who go "Lolz, when are the rest of the avengers gonna show up?". It was just the Valhalla bit hurt on an emotional level, not on a "Oh god what did I just read?!" level. Your writing is fine, I was just giving my honest opinion from the perspective of someone who by definition is considered a Viking in a cultural/genetic way. I didn't take it personally or anything, we're all cool, man.

@Bloo: Dude, you are depriving yourself of a fuck ton of awesome. I recommend Lotr's especially, both the books and movies, and a lot of the games are fucking legit. Game of Thrones is great(not as good as the books) just don't watch it with your family or anything. The first time I watched Game of Thrones it seemed entirely harmless as I watch it with my MOM AND SISTER, then the scene cut to a midget getting a blowjob and it got really, really awkward.

And no, Zelda does not count in this instance. Skyrim is also fucking awesome, and I've never played any of the Fallout games Bloo so don't feel bad, but start playing Skyrim ASAP or pay the blood price, brah. And the reason I took DD's post so hard is because all that "Viking" stuff is my cultural and ancestral heritage, my three primary sources of ancestry are Swedish, Norwegian and German.

@Peterson: #DD

@SR: I'm fully aware of just how awesome they are and how inappropriate GoT is (because everyone I know almost literally cannot shut the fuck up about them). It's not like I'm never ever gonna see them - I had a strong urge last summer, but I never got around to it. Maybe this summer.

yeah man #DD.

So DD congrats you're now an internet hashtag!