Choose Safe Toys for Kids

karven, Undefined, 10 years ago

Since children love stuffed toys, everyone buys them either as a gift for a new baby or a plaything for a kid as a reward. But did you know that stuffed toys can be dangerous? Children can be choked on the eyes, small buttons and even chew the hair! And small children can even be suffocated from stuffed toys or become infested with dust mites. Eww!! So here are some tips on buying a stuffed toy.

1. You should examine everything that is put on the toy to ensure that it won’t fall off and that it can’t be chewed off or pulled off. A child can put the piece that has fallen off in their mouth and choke on it.

2. Anything with long ribbons, strings, hair, and bows is not a good idea, because it presents a choking hazard and a child can get the string wrapped around the neck.

3. You should make sure that all seams on the toy are sewn very well to keep all the stuffing inside. You don't want the stuffing to come out and find it in your child's mouth.

4. Any toy with beads should not be given to babies or toddlers. If the seams break the child will choke on the beads or Styrofoam beads will suffocate the baby by getting into the nose and not allowing the baby to breath. Babies are nose breathers and anything that gets in the way will prevent them from breathing.

5. You should buy a toy that is easy to wash. Stuffed toys get dirty so fast and can carry lots of germs. So you want something that is going to be easy to wash and dry. After washing the toy you can put it in a plastic bag and put it in the freezer overnight to kill the dust mites. Dust mites bother allergies and stuffed toys attract many dust mites.

6. Last but certainly one of the most important things to remember is to never put stuffed toys in bed with your children. This makes for a suffocation hazard. When your child is sleeping their face can be against the toy and cause them to stop breathing.

Many toy manufacturers have designed and produced their products with those requirements. Thus, it is available to search for some toys in some brand stores such as a nici & plants vs zombies 2 shop(http://www.toyswill.com). I hope that these tips help you with buying safer stuffed toys for your children. We all want to keep our children safe and the last thing you need is a stuffed toy hurting your child.

skull_ripper, Undefined, 10 years ago

As someone who plans to have children in the future I appreciate this thread.

Deathdrop, Undefined, 10 years ago

OK, this is clearly spam, but it appears to be spam that is actually useful, so... WTF u guise, HALP.

Dronehive, Undefined, 10 years ago

A long as this doesn't get posted everywhere you could keep the thread. I feel like this could actually be helpful.

Ban the bot, though.

concretehunter, Undefined, 10 years ago

Thanks for the advice spambot!

PREDATORv2, Undefined, 10 years ago

Locked,

No worries. I'm a soulless cold blooded killer. So its cool if I lock it away as spam.