The Materialistic Thread

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

So as everyone has been super exited about Christmas, and the gifts they'd receive, I thought I'd make this thread so everyone could share what they got if they wanted.

I personally made out like a bandit, being literally buried in gifts at one point(though this was strange for my house, seeing as the year before, before last, I got a calendar and a gronkle.) I shall start the sharing.

Azog the defiler six inch figure.
Ten inch Attack troll.
3.75 inch scale Bolg and Gandalf action figure(comes up to Azog's elbow, so it's like he's a kid)
Kitten calendar.
Three plastic containers, one had the troll, the other had like half of the Fellowship of the ring.
A red blanket so I can be warm and look like Thor at the same time.
Turtles, chocolate turtles, my favorite candy. EVER.
Mutagen(for realz.)
An awesome T-shirt of Jayne from Firefly from TeeFury.com
And a laser pointer that is also a pen, nifty.

And Firefly the complete series(including the rap up film)was a gift to the whole family.

And yes, I know this is materialistic and shallow, thus the title :D

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 10 years ago

I GOT 5LBS OF CHOCOLATE!!

And $50 but the chocolate is the best.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

I got:

Assassin's Creed IV
a 500gb PS4
new earphones
a Bowser plush
a portable charger

Not bad at all.

Happy holidays, guys.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

I got some marshmallows.

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

(I didn't get this on christmas, and i also didn't get it for christmas, but i got it a few days AFTER christmas) I got:

inFamous (so long did i wait for that...)
Aliens colonial marines (FINALLY!!!!)
Black ops 2 (YES!)
Some of my favorite garfield comics (hahahaha! Funny!)
A punch bag (RAGE ON THAT FUCKER!!!!!)
A movie called "the purge" (not that scary. I found it more interesting then scary.... But to be honest, not much scares me.)

And that is it!

@DW: Bullshit. That's too good of a present.

I'm not jealous. Get OFF ME.

@Krio: I like that you mentioned that it's "interesting," even when you don't think it's scary. I don't know what that is, but more people should have this mindset in regards to horror movies.

it is interesting. it is about the world, who is finally at peace. but, of course, there are still people out there who are "full of hate". so the government decided that once a year people were allowed to do some kinds of crime. this day would be called "the purge". the crime allowed by the government is:

raping
murdering
stalking
bank robbimg

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

That seriously makes 0 sense what so ever.

it does. the gov just made that day so they could get more control. it wouldn't surprise me if they made that day in real life.

Krio, you've turned a happy thread into a place of discomfort. I want you to write a 15-page single-space essay in size 9 font (with citations and appropriate Chicago style format) on why you thought turning "Christmas Loot" into "THE GOVERNMENT IS CONSPIRING SOMETHING, HERE'S WHY" was necessary.

It's due the next time Dave even just logs in, which is probably in 21 hours. Good luck.

Krio i am going to reply about how utterly stupid that concept is, but ill post it in another thread!

ANYWAY ONTO MY LOOT:

3 mugs (Space invaders, Happy dog, Thermos)
Lava Lamp
Clothes
Cologne
Pick Puncher
USB cup warmer
Cappuchino machine
Some guiness
A stein from germany

Thats about it.

"The gov is conspireing something against us!"

But.... Haven't you guys noticed obama is just sitting on his ass, doing nothing?

Oh.

He wants to support gay couples.

THIS BELONGS IN THE OFF TOPIC THREAD.

Now back to our original programming.

yes. yes it does.

badapple24, Yautja, 10 years ago

I got Grand theft auto V assassin's Creed IV Pulse playstation headset. LED controller. a 32" tv (ik I was shocked too!) and an assassins creed III Figure (Connor, new york outfit)

All in all this was a good christmas for me

tawganator, Yautja, 10 years ago

I got to see my family and share a fantastic meal with them. Got many Christmas cards, some money, a few handfuls of sweets, a new mouse for my laptop and a jar of pear chutney.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

Pear chutney, that's quite interesting.

Glad to see you guys seemed to have had good Christmases.