A Third AVP Movie? How Could it Work?

ultimate-xeno, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I'm not sure if there going to make but it really seems like they should.

---------------

EDIT: So, I saw this thread and I was going to lock it (Someone beat me to it, sorry for unlocking it guys). And I thought that perhaps it could be rephrased, which is why this topic is open again. Refer to my post in the thread. - FireHunter

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

NOPE NOPE NOPE PLZ DON'T EVEN I SWEAR

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

No, they should not. We've had some variation of this thread dozens upon dozens of times.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I have a simple answer for that: HELL NO!

I MEAN WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SAY THAT JEGUS

I'd rather face the wrath of each and every Mod here than fathom the thought of another Alien vs Predator film. The second one was bad enough! Come on we're crying uncle here!

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Well, I'm not a fan of the idea, BUT I will say, that the right director may be able to do it correctly.

So, instead of whether they should (and they probably shouldn't) let's say, if they did, what would they have to do to make it work?

First: You'd need a director worth something. No Zak Snyder, no Michael Bay. Perhaps get someone like Ridley Scott or maybe even James Cameron.

After that, employ good script-writers, and someone who could compose a score that befits the two creatures well.

Of course, relying on CGI too much is something that should definitely NOT be done. A small-scale struggle between two or three aliens (think the raptors from Jurassic Park and you see what I mean) and a Predator (Another Jurassic Park thing -think the T-Rex, still wants to kill the humans but attacks the Xenos first) with a small group of RELATABLE, INTERESTING human characters and you have something that could possibly work.

Everyone's too quick to rear back and bare their teeth at the thought of a new movie, even I thought upon seeing this thread that it was a stupid idea and I was ready to lock it but I thought about it a bit. We've always had threads like "What would you want to see in a new AvP movie?" but in my memory we've never had one specifically like "IF they were to make one, how could they make it work without being too stupid?"

So, calm down and please, stop acting so tribal, I know the first two were abysmal, but if they make a third one, more of a reboot or something, there's a possibility that it could work.

Discuss that.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

That was probably the best response this kind of thread will ever get, and I wish I said it rather than completely ignoring this thread.

It's not hard to see why fans don't want another AVP movie (if the definition of "disappointment" ever materialized itself as a thing, AVPR would be that thing). So in our minds as fans, we equate "new AVP thing" as "BAD BAD BAD BAD."

It's really unfortunate that the AVP films turned out the way they did because the comics and standalone films are a shit ton better, yet general exposure to either franchises is through the AVP movies, which tends to give people the idea that Aliens nor Predators are as great as you and I think they are.

And that's a shame.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

For a movie to be good I think the first THIRD of the movie should focus solely on making the human characters relatable. It should definitely not start with what the predators and the aliens are doing. And it should not be a small town of rednecks and teenagers, who the hell relates to rednecks and teenagers? Normal people with normal lives doesn't mean boring people with boring lives, like the Gizmo brothers thought when they made AvPR. I mean there were only like 10 people in the whole town and all of them were morons.

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

In my opinion you really don't even need a director that has a big name.

Of course he's going to have to be better than average, and like the whole sci fi/thriller/horror genre.

But ultimately I feel if you pull off a great story line then bam, done and done, not to mention actors that can act unlike in AVP 2 where I literally wanted to gag myself.

If you look at the last two you can clearly see they have a shitty story, like the whole connections between Predators and Humans, and then it was featured in Present day. Then the second film was just the same thing, Present day, and though they had a cool concept of the "Cleaner"/Wolf Predator coming in to take out the infestation, the human characters just completely ruined it and also 50% blame to the directors for (For some god awful reason) making the film so dark we struggled to see what was happening.

My biggest problem, I think, is that both films were present day. The awesome thing about Aliens and Predators is that they can virtually be anywhere. Like a war between the two on a planet, though I would not prefer that, or maybe something like ALIENS but with Predators mixed in, there are so many options but for some reason they pick the most simplistic ones.

Actors I'm not that worried about, as long as they don't go in the direction they went in with AVP 2.

zero-alpha, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I say go for it because the AVP universe has been boring lately and there's nothing really to do or talk about.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think it should be three Yautja fighting three to five Xenomorphs so you can have a back and forth kind of thing with which is the hunter and which one is the prey.

@DW: Those were not rednecks, I live in Missouri so I know what I'm talking about for once. Those people in AVPR are what people where I live call "City folks", they are small town people, not rednecks. They're sort of knock offs of the real thing, actual rednecks are very easy to relate to. I am a redneck and a teenager, so yes, there are people who can relate to rednecks, just not those piss-poor excuses in AVPR.

Alright FireHunter has a very good argument about that and I'm going to own up to the fact that my comment was infact an automatic response. Good thing I'm calm now, I apologize about the last post I was already in a bad mood and ended up making me sound immature.

Now I have to agree that a director that is worth something(with some worthy credit I might add) could maybe direct a thrid AVP film but it's not likely. A reboot would be the much more likely (and frankly logical) approach to making another AVP film. What made the last AVP so awful was the script seemed rushed as if the people who wrote it were just trying to get it done in the quickest amount of time. So instead of getting what could have been a film better than the first AVP we got a pile of crap. Usually when the first movie is bad the second one is worse and if , and that's a huge IF, there is a third film it's fate is usually under the lines "Direct to DVD/Blu-Ray(insert release date here)".

In closing I think the only chance of there being another AVP film(or films for that matter) would be a complete and total reboot. I also agree that the human characters should be more developed and relateable otherwise it'll be a slight repeat of the first film and a full on repeat of the second film.

The thing is, would the general populace watch it? No, I don't think so.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Yeah you have a good point. However if it happened to have turned out really well, it could gather a cult following.

^True

Well, Alien 2: On Earth has such a following, and that movie was horrifying.

ciaosarah, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Those routes include Bangkok - Pitsanuloak, mens nike air max limited which will be extended to Chiang Mai City, mens nike air max limited sneakers viewed as the country's men's nike air max limited sneakers northern logistical men's air max limited hub and tourist destination hub; Bangkok - Nakorn men's air max limited shoes Ratchasima, which will men's air max limited sneakers be extended to Nong Khai province, viewed as a gateway men's air max limited trainers to the Lao capital of Vientiane; men's air max limited shoes uk Bangkok - Rayong, the country's eastern men's air max limited online seaboard industrial hub and deep-sea port; men's air max limited shoes wholesale and Bangkok - Hua Hin, viewed as men's nike air max limited cheap a flourishing tourist destination and gateway to men's nike air max limited sale the southern region. No matter men's nike air max limited white which party will finally win the bidding men's nike air max limited black for the high- speed trains, all the railways running nike air max limited running shoes through those provinces will apply the same operational systems, according to the transport minister. Chatchart said he will leave for Kunming city in southern China some time next month to discuss the 4.9-billion- U.S.-dollar high- speed rail project with senior Chinese government officials.