Alternate Xeno Designs?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

The 1979 Giger drone is one of the greatest cinematic monsters of all time. The 86 Queen is a close second. That's inarguable.

From time to time, though, the classic design gets mixed up a little. From the domeless 3-fingered warriors of Aliens to the quadrupedal "Dog" from A3, to the Newborn, to the innumerable hybrids, to the legion of variants found in video games, comics, and fan-art.

We all know which ones suck (and there's a lot of them), but I thought it would be interesting to see which ones people like. What spin on the Xeno is your favorite?

http://i.imgur.com/aLCTzNl.jpg

^ Personally, I'm partial to this guy.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

Isn't that a fan interpretation of an adult Deacon? I actually looked at a bunch of those and mixed them together to make Dave's character.

Anyway, there's a design of a Xeno made the blue guys from Avatar, and while it's a lot like Giger's, it's really colorful with extra arms (which looks a lot better than it sounds). I'll try to find it.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

Well I must say that drawing is quite impressive. The colors are well blended and it does indeed look like it could be the adult Deacon.

Save for the color(the Deacon was born black with a bluish tint) but since we don't know much about the Deacon then perhaps that could be what it looks like once mature.

ultimate-xeno, Yautja, 10 years ago

The deacon alien from the Prometheus movie kind of creeped me out.

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121123160019/avp/images/6/62/21000.PNG

I like Necromon.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

I liked the Predalien, I find the design sound but the color scheme is all wrong, it shouldn't be so close in color to the host species, I personally think an orange and black color scheme would have been cool but they should have made it black like other Xeno's.

http://dyn0.media.forbiddenplanet.com/products/19138660.jpg

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

They should probably just be black no matter what host they come from. Kane was a pale motherfucker and his Xeno was pitch black.

zero-alpha, Yautja, 10 years ago

I wish I could see a xenomorph twice the size of a praetorian and have some spiky dagger looking spikes on the arms,legs,feet,hands,tale,back, and head. Also for it to be pitch black.

ultimate-xeno, Yautja, 10 years ago

How come we haven't seen any praetorians in the aliens series?

predator34, Yautja, 10 years ago

ulitimate-xeno's got a point

HunkGenetic, Yautja, 10 years ago

In my opinion all xenos have different designs each

FireHunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

Ultimate-xeno, maybe that would warrant its own topic, because it has no place in this one.

Although personally I reckon it's because the idea of Praetorians wasn't even there when Aliens was made. Also, I'm pretty sure this isn't a design-your-own-xenomorph thread, it's about which design that you've seen is your favourite.

ciaosarah, Yautja, 10 years ago

He did not go into details. The cultural industry buy cheap nike free 5.0 shoes has since become a new growth point for the nike free 5.0 men's running shoes country's economic development. In 2012, the industry's nike free 5.0 running shoes nike free 5.0 men's running sneakers total output value exceeded 4 trillion yuan, with exports nike free 5.0 running sneakers of cultural products nike free 5.0 running shoes for men amounting to 21.73 billion nike free 5.0 mens U.S. dollars. nike free 5.0 trainer SURVIVAL nike free 5.0 sale STRUGGLE While private players have rushed nike free 5.0 shoes runnners to take a slice nike free 5.0 size 12 of the pie, many have not found nike free 5.0 size 13 it as tasty nike free 5.0 size 11 as it appears on the surface. "Lack nike free 5.0 size 10 of supervision on pricing and program quality has nike free 5.0 size 9 made it difficult for companies that really want to produce high-end programs to earn money," says Gong Maicheng, general manager of Yuyuan Cultural. In Gong's experience, audiences usually think high prices mean high quality; but without market supervision, this is not always the case. When the audience is cheated once, they are unlikely to return to a theater again.