DarkLioness, Yautja, 10 years ago

You're welcome :)

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

I forgot how quotable Predator is.

"I'D SURE LIKE A LITTLE PUSSY."
"I'D SURE LIKE A LITTLE PUSSY."

Has anyone seen Insidious 2? I know everyone hated the first one because of the Darth Maul rip-off but I'm slightly curious.

They're hate it or love it. I thought the first was actually pretty good, but yeah, the last third (which involved "Darth Maul") nearly fell apart.

The story that spans the two movies is actually really interesting to me. Most complaints toward the movie are stupid ("IT WAS DUMB CAUSE OF REASONS," "HAHAHA STARWARS," "NOT SCARY?????" etc).

I think you'd only really enjoy the second one if the first is fresh in your mind.

ultimate-xeno, Yautja, 10 years ago

Never liked Star Wars.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

@Bloo: Surely "not scary" is sufficient reason for dismissing a horror film?

Ok, I shouldn't have included that last one. It's less that they think it isn't scary, it's more about the attitude and lack of an argument that pisses me off.

While there ARE valid reasons to say it wasn't scary (most of them being that a lot of it was narmy, which I can understand - especially the Tiny Tim song), I'm mostly talking about the idiots who talk during the whole fucking thing making meme jokes or other bullshit with their 5+ other friends in order to look cool, and then walk out of the theatre loudly yelling "that movie sucked!!"

There's also people who yell about the problems even when they've never seen the movie, as if saying "DARTH MAUL HAHA" will make them cool.

Edit: And, alright, not liking the monster is a totally legitimate reason for not liking a horror movie. But being a dick about it is a different story.

Oh, absolutely. People who talk during the movie should be castrated.

I never had that problem with Elysium, though, which I saw literally right after Insidious 2.

It's a shame Neil Blomkamp left the Halo project. He would have been perfect.

I thought Elysium had the same problem as District 9, which is to say that it gave up all its cool ideas and turned into a video game about halfway through. It was cool and all, just kind of disappointing. Better than Man of Steel, but then again so is herpes.

Did you see World's End? Ingenious.

Damn, no one I was with wanted to see it.

And yeah, I see what you mean. Even though parts of both were awesome as shit, the villains weren't anything more than "How fucked up can I be without trying to be interesting?" Sure they still worked for the build-up, but when it came to it, they were just hills that the hero was definitely gonna walk over. There was struggle, but that's expected when hiking.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

I thought Elysium was going to be a precursor for a Halo film series when I saw the name, because Master Chief was born on a colony called Elysium, I shit thee not.

Wow DeathDrop, you REALLY hated Men of Steel huh?

EDIT:

@skull-ripper

I'm both ready to see a Halo movie but I'm also afraid to see one. Mainly because I'm worried about who will be directing said movie.

I thought Elysium, which I haven't seen yet and likely will just end up buying on DVD, seemed ok for the most part from what I've heard(no spoilers though) but the general air of the movie seemed very political. Isn't the theme of the movie that the super rich and powerful live in what can only be described as a form of paradise with no worries while poor people are left to suffer on Earth, which is now maily a wasteland? So that got me interested because it mirrors what we see all of the world these days, the US included. The poor suffer while the powerful and rich can pretty much do anyting they want with no worries, especially the bit about healthcare, the debate about climate change and the abuse of power in society by those who are suppose to keep order. I mean is that talking about society these days or what?

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

>There's also people who yell about the problems even when they've never seen the movie, as if saying "DARTH MAUL HAHA" will make them cool.

This is why I watched all the Twilight movies.

Dronehive, Yautja, 10 years ago

Has anyone here watched Code Geass?

Also nobody likes cheesecake krio.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 10 years ago

Personally, I prefer cheesecake krio to regular krio.

@DL: "the super rich and powerful live in what can only be described as a form of paradise with no worries while poor people are left to suffer on Earth"

Yeah, wasn't exactly subtle. The problem is that it wasn't about that. A movie exploring THAT would interesting, but Elysium was ABOUT shit blowing up by the third act. The political stuff was used as an excuse to get there, which I thought was disappointing. It sounds like I hate it, I know, but I actually enjoyed it for what it was.

Also, yes, I absolutely despised Man of Shit. Only movie I've ever walked out of.

@DW: Don't you sass cheesecake.

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

MASKY (SLENDER MANS RIGHT HAND MAN) LOVES CHEESE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My town's water supply was randomly contaminated today due to something I'm sure must have been a plot to initiate a zombie apocalypse.

Day 1 - 6:06pm - Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dear Diary,

The water is bad. It's probably not Zombie Armageddon, but I'm drinking Mountain Dews to shrink my balls so that they don't flap when I'm running the fuck away from everyone.

This is a hunting town, which means there is at least a hunting rifle and/or a harpoon at every other house. But that means there's also food stores, because people like to eat.

Edit:

Day 1 - 6:30pm - Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Dear Diary,

Apparently Mountain Dew doesn't shrink your balls. It looks like I'm gonna have to chop them off. Wish me luck.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

^ You should make a necklace Bloo, I mean, if your going to chop them off anyway.