AVP FRANCHISE DOOMED?

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Well after finding out we won't be receiving a new Predator film I began to think....is the franchise done?

So far we've seen this:

ALIEN ***** ALIENS **** (5/5, in my opinion) ALIEN3 ** (To some its a 3) ALIEN-R *

PREDATOR ***** PREDATOR2 ** (3-4, in my opinion) PREDATORS ***

AVP ** (Maybe just 1) AVPR ** (Maybe just 1)

As you can see the films are dropping off, plus with new films that are grabbing peoples attention, like Pirates of the Caribbean, Transformers, and other series, we (AVP FANS) are getting overshadowed and forgotten more and more every year. Do you think they will actually try to revive the Franchise with new movies or just leave as is until years (and I mean years!) later.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

We don't need another AVP. Ever.

As for the individual franchises, well, I wouldn't mind seeing a new Alien film, but one which has nothing to do with Ripley. Have another strong female lead used in a good story guided by a decent director and things will be fine.

That said, we don;t really need that, as Prometheus is carrying on, taking us to new places in the Alien universe.

As for Predator? Hmm. A follow up to the latest one, or reboot the whole thing? Undecided.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The problem with a lot of the Alien stories is that they try way too hard to ride on the success of either Ripley or the setting of Aliens. And you know what? I don't blame them - anything else is likely to blow chunks.

I like that Prometheus did something different, but I don't like how it basically boiled down to the plot only happening because people were either jerks or dumbasses.

AVP is doomed until we get a game we can recommend to friends without feeling embarrassed. As for the individual franchises, I think they're fine for now.

Thats another thing, video games, we've seen some more alien and avp games coming out recently but do you think we'll see a Predator one sometime in the near future?

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I hope so, but I honestly doubt that one will be made anytime soon. It would be nice if they made some games in both franchises that let you make your own character i.e. The elder scrolls X: AVP.

Blizzard, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I wouldn't say the series is doomed
but we do need a new fantastic avp game

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Like it was "doomed after AVPR? If that didn't do it, I doubt anything will.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

No of course the AVP franchise isn't doomed, they have so much glowing hope. I'm sure there will be not one but TWO more AVP films!

(insert eye roll here)

^Maybe, but definitely not anytime soon....

legend9090, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

AvPR was the only good one out of the franchise.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

No, just no.

tawganator, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I wont say that I absolutely loved avp and avpr but I'm not going to I hated it.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

AvP and AvP:R aren't horrible enough be enjoyable. Only Aliens 2: On Earth gets that. Sitty clone, shitty derector, shitty aliens, it's so bad you cannot hate it. But the other two- effort was put into those. It was a failed attempt at what could have be amazing. So shut up, you troll.

Also, the franchize still has a chance, but it (most likely) has gone under. Blame Fox.