Emotion Upon Watching Alien For The First Time

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Sooo

Today, I watched The Thing for the first time. You may ask; how does this relate to the title? The thing is, for the first time, I was scared.

Alien didn't scare me. I can say that with confidence. But the ting left me paranoid. So, what was your reaction to Alien? Your emotions?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I was, like, 8 when I first saw Alien (or Aliens). I don't remember screaming during, but it made me paranoid at night for a while.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I watched it 2 weeks before getting on here (marathoned it!!) and all I remember it having really fucked up dreams after, and having a fandomboner. I wasn't scared because i was hypnotised by its grace, beauty and sexuality. I don't get paranoid.

In fqct, the running joke between me and P13 is that if I saw a facehugger, I'd put it on.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I didn't lose any sleep and I was never scared by it, I thought it was cool.

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I was never scared, just fascinated

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I got a rager.

daveberg, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I was completely disturbed after watching Alien. Built up a sense of complete dread and creeping fear.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Alien is, to this day, the only movie in the A/P/AVP series that creeps me out.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I guess I'm an unfeeling monster, also I'm behind you.

Hunter_Predator, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I don't remember the exact age but I was a little kid when I first saw the Alien and Predator films. Since the beginning I've always been a bigger fan of Predator but that's not to say Alien was bad, in fact in my opinion the original Alien film was amazing, a great film and classic. Also needless to say Aliens holds up just as well. Alien 3 and 4... I don't know, we all know the 4th one couldn't reeeeaaaally have been much worse, it had some cool things like showing how the Aliens would kill one another to escape, they'd rather not seeing as how they just want to survive but when there are no other options they will, and their skills as swimmers, but other than that most people like to forget Resurrection happened, and somewhat they do the same with 3 (which was originally supposed to be the last one anyway) as for me, basically when I show someone the Alien series I just show them 1 & 2, they can see the other 2 on their own time if they so choose.

When I first watched Alien, as I said, I was just a little kid, (Must say, it was that perfect age where most people would say I was too young to watch those movies but old enough to understand every word and emotion and sense of fear, perfect age for experiencing the Alien and Predator franchise) Yes it made me have something else to be afraid of as a kid and a little bit more jumpy for a while, but all and all I was more astounded than afraid. I loved the film, scared me to hell and back, primarily in the vents when it jumped out but I can't deny that the movie made me want more. Not saying the film was lacking, not at all, more in a sense that instead of making me not want to see it again or furthermore any sequels like it would most kids, it made me beg to watch the second, and like most I was definetly NOT dissapointed.

Did I fear the smallest of dark corners for a bit? Yeah, but who doesn't as a kid? You may notice some adults still have the same reactions. I feel anymore the AvP films and the video games are mainly to blame but the Aliens have been toned down. From a single Xenomorph getting loose striking fear into the hearts of many armed men, to now in gaming and (I must say all the way back in Aliens but... it was the 80's...) AvP films, they're too much like common video game enemies. In AvP2 on PC I guess it was still this way, but at least seeing one still made me a whole hell of a lot more afraid for my life than 20 at one time would in AvP 2010, grant it they have to make a game out of it. I mean in Aliens they just wanted the marines to seem more tough and like they had advanced in weaponry (especially with the smartgun) but they just seemed to shrug off the fact they had 25 Xenomorphs running at them when in the beginning of the film Ripley was building up the powers of a lone wolf. It turns me off a bit. Don't get me wrong, Aliens is an amazing film and sequel none the less, I just feel Aliens have become less threatening over the years and the Predator has been built up as the more powerful (not that I particularly have a problem with this...), yes I believe Aliens and Predators are perfect contrasts to each other but lets face it, there's always 4 billion Aliens in every game and movie, yet only one Predator.

Honestly I have to say I actually kind of like this fact, it fits, Aliens are the contrast, animalistic insects they work in numbers, Predators are elite hunters that take you out one at a time. It's neat, it truly is, so I'm really not complaining, it's just sort of like when I watch Alien anymore I always think to myself, "damn if this were a game I'd have this wrapped up in 20 minutes... f!ck the alien..." But back on topic, Alien was just a truly terrifying film, it was! Most Horrors (yes kind of back in the day but mainly today) is just Hack-n-slash or pathetic cheap scares, Alien seriously set the bar for truly terrifying Horror. I must say it's probably one of the top scariest films of all time, with little-to-no competitors. I personally am just a bigger fan of Predator obviously, for many reasons I'd love to explain but... this topic is specifically Alien, and I should respect that...

Reem, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The First time watching Alien I was 4 or 5(1995 baby) I can say I was not scared to tell you the truth I loved it, but when I fell asleep after the movie I dream my mother being killed by an xenomorph I cried of course when I woke up from that nightmare, but the next day I had no fear of the movie nor xenomorphs only complete fascination and curiosity of this creature in the movie I just seen.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

At first I wasn't really scared when I saw it(I was like 3, 4 or 5 maybe) but I was a little odd. The first time I just kept asking "Where's the Alien?" Then the Chestburster scene my reaction was "Eww".

When I got older and saw more Alien films (1 through 2 are my all time favorites and the only reason I watched 4 was because Ron Pearlman is in 4) I've actually had nightmares.

Weird enough I actually had a very hellish nightmare where I encountered my own Xenomorph character. I wish I was kidding but I'm not. It was really bad and I woke up SCREAMING my head off.

Hunter_Predator, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Lioness your mind scares me lol. specific reactions I can't remember, it's like when X-Men came out and you see the guy turn into water, you just watch and go, "what the f..." but with Alien I'm not sure what I did, I just remember being a little kid and saying "That was a good film", which... what child says that unless they're a demonted hell-spawn? I don't know, I'm strange...

Predator more had the Superhero effect on me how after seeing the film I wanted to be a Predator... like legitimately BE a Predator...

Alien more so made me want to live in the future I guess...

badapple24, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think the reason that alien either creeps us out or makes us paranoid is the fact that alien is almost never seen until the last half hour of the movie

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

@Hunter_Predator

Aw thank's for the compliment :)

Blizzard, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I just thought of alien ok
as a fan of the aliens series I was super excited but perhaps the fact that i new all about them
made me invunerable to any scares from the movie

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I was so young, I seriously don't remember exactly. I know I was never scared of Xenomorphs and I've always been fascinated with the idea.

ciaosarah, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

In this way, the market loses customers, high-quality programming where to buy nike running shoes for cheap loses profits and only where to buy cheap running shoes for men speculators get the money. Each year, Gong's company where to buy men's running shoes online produces one children's drama with more than where to buy men's running shoes a million yuan where to buy nike running shoes online where to buy nike running shoes of investment. "But so many where to buy nike running sneakers rivals make children's drama with only where to buy nike running sneakers online hundreds of thousands wholesale nike free 5.0 of wholesale nike free 5.0 shoes yuan. They price their show the same as ours or even higher, wholesale nike free 5.0 sneakers and parents don't know discount nike free 5.0 shoes which is better for their kids," he explains. discount nike free 5.0 In nike free 5.0 discounted second-and-third-tier buy cheap nike free 5.0 cities, Gong and his team often discover copycat posters and products related to their work, but he can do nothing to stop the rip-off merchants. Government-backed arts organizations, on the other hand, begin on a much stronger financial footing. Ji Xiaolan, a singer and the president of the Shanghai Hailin Jazz Orchestra, says what bothers her and fellow presidents of private troupes is lacking government support.