How a Hive is Created?

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I'm not talking about the aliens, what I mean is how do they make that substance to cocoon people?

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Lots of theories about this one. Some people argue the tubes on the Xenos' backs spray fluid that hardens into the hive material. This one works pretty well, except the dog alien doesn't have tubes.

AVP Extinction had the drones just spitting it out, but that game sure as hell ain't canon.

I've seen it put forward by lots of people that dead Xenos are used in the construction of the hive, which makes sense.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

That last one makes sense. They're supposed to be efficient, and that lets them do that even in death.

They probably use dead eggs and Facehuggers, too.

I always imagined the hive webbing leeching nutrients from whatever was attached to it-soil, corpses, whatever. The use of the dead Xenos makes even more sense if this is the case.

Blizzard, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think they use dead people , facehugger shells ect ...
which they mold together with is created by the drones

Blizzard, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think they use dead people , facehugger shells ect ...
which they mold together with is created by the drones

That sort of adds another level of creepiness to the Hive. At any point, you could be standing on or leaning against the liquified remains of a toddler.

beast99, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

it might be their saliva, and in the movies the saliva on the guns on the ground are hard and some are sticky.

shockwave, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

yeah salavia, that makes sense to me too

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

It's probably solid waste. They would most likely east thier hosts, then barf up thier remains.

Johnson, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I always believed that it was whatever matterial they had around them and they used their saliva like a glue epoxy coating to hold everything together. In some games, movies, and comics it looked like they had steel support beams trees and other items including corpses in the walls, saddly you had to actually look for these because they were rare.

And as for the original topic, I believe they made the cocoons out of the saliva after it hardened.

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

i think its like how bees make a bee hive really...

I think it would be similar for the most part, yeah. They probably have the ability to secrete a special kind of wax that they mold, and dead bodies help speed up the process.

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

i thought maybe the acid in their blood sheds off layers of their exoskeleton and they use it as material since it is durable as so since the walls are all rigid and colored the same.

shockwave, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Lets just assume that the truth on how a hive is made is just going to be another mystery?

It probably won't ever be explained. It's a topic worth discussion, though.

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Well I always thought it was that 'saliva' looking stuff that could be spit onto a surface, and then like glue it hardens.

bluedeath, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

i think they use what they can find and they use saliva to put it together and then they have to make a room for the queen so she could lay the eggs and when they have the walls built they get something maybe sheded skin or something that is the same color as their skin so when they are hiding in the walls they blend in to get the advantage over the people who are foolish to go in to the hive

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

AVP Extinction (noncanon as fuck, but nevermind) had them just sort rear back and hawk a big acidic loogie on the ground that grew into a creep colo-I mean, HIVE NODE... that generated webbing. I used to love filling the whole map up with them back in the day, but that's neither here nor there.

Xenofilms, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

I thank they use there spit and dead pray.

Dark, Xenomorph, 9 years ago

Well with prometheus out, the engineers wear a similar substance to hive material, our human clothes are made from plant/animal material and there don't seem to be any animals so i guess that thing is a plant that engineers and xenomorphs use, sounds crazy but we got no closure on this stuff so my guess is as good as any.