Theories on female predators?

ultimate-xeno, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

There has to be, i mean how do you get more predators without female preds to have kids?

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Well they could be hermaphrodites. There has never been any hint to a female predator in any of the movies, but their armor and general humanoid bodies suggest they would have some sort of genitals in their crotch area. I don't think there was ever any mention of the predators we've seen so far in the movies being male.

The closest to canon hint at their way of reproducing was in a bad movie - and that bad movie was AvPR. If the vomiting of embryos into a womb was a trait the predalien got from the predators, then I could think of something like spawning. I'd think the predators have a lot of predator babies at a time and they have to survive and grow all on their own, like fish spawn, or like sea turtles. It would also make me think that, perhaps like crocodiles, they are born with an instinct to hunt and only become part of society once they grow to a certain age, which means that they survived natural selection. In this case, females would not have breasts and would look exactly like males when clothed, except for features that only a well-trained eye could notice.

But this is all ludicrous speculation based on nothing.

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

If there would be a female..... Then there could never be kids since i don't think they have a crotch. But i agree with deathwraith. They don't have to reproduce exactly like humans

supersonicman96, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Well here is comic that has a female though comics can't really be taken to heart. The closest evidence I can see that there are girl is the language of predators. I think at one point they mention female. I'll have to check it out later.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

It is common knowledge that Yautja do not have feminists.

Hence why we don't see girly girls running about with there... breasts and... body.

Hunts are for MEN. Manly men! Glistening and powerful.

No homo.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

There's a tendency in the "fandom" (I loath that term) to portray Predator females as supermodels with a pair of mandibles slapped on, which is as stupid as it sounds.

The Dark Horse comics had a rule about portraying Predator males and females: "If you're close enough to tell the difference, you're already dead."

There's been nothing in the movies to confirm either way. The Preds in the movies could have been women for all we know.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I know I say "fandom" a lot, but I just can't find a term that sounds any better. "Fanbase," "us," etc. And to be honest, I think fandom is probably the most appropriate due to a majority of any fanbase being comprised of a bunch of dumbfucks.

Anyway, the most common theories are that they stay at home and are bigger, like the praying mantis. They might not even have genders and use their mouths to produce offspring, I don't know. The point is that, like Xenos, Yautja are humanoid enough that it terrifies humans, but at the same time, they're supposed to be completely alien.

I'd love it if the Predators we've seen technically WERE female, or as close to female as their kind can get. It would shoot down the whole "supermodel" thing, which is one of the dumbest things I've seen - fanart for that demographic rivals Sonic fanart on Deviantart.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

What if they collect their genetic material and feed it to a giant grub thing that lays troll....

I mean predator eggs.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

"There's a tendency in the "fandom" (I loath that term) to portray Predator females as supermodels with a pair of mandibles slapped on, which is as stupid as it sounds."

"supermodel" thing, which is one of the dumbest things I've seen"

YOU UNDERSTAND, that your crushing certain people's dreams there, right?!

Pv2, do you have a stash of fanart you want to tell us about?

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

"rivals Sonic fanart on Deviantart."

Whoa, whoa, whoa, let's not get carried away here.

Anyway, back on topic-My theory is, much like a lot of animals, you'd have a hard time telling males and females apart unless you knew what to look for. The closest we've gotten to a female appearance is in the novel adaptations of the comics, in which they're described as bigger and stronger than the males.

Much like a lions pride, Except in reverse. The Males are small and agile, The ones who hunt. The females are large and strong.

And Bloo thanks for reminding me of Shrek and Sonic.

Yeah, I guess that's the normal understanding - women are bigger and stronger and are more fit to raise the young.

@CH: Any excuse to bring that back is a good excuse.

@DD: Alright, maybe I went too far; nothing can compare to Sonic fanart.

ThePredator13, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

@Bloo: Hey don't you insult sonic fan art....some people put their hearts and souls into the art man.......

tumblr_ljg2punPew1qil6hqo1_500.png

Either way I think that maybe it would be more or less you couldn't really tell the difference until up close and if you got that close you'd be dead. For all we know some of our predator friends could be female.

krio, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The only thing thats better is creepy pasta fanart.

I think you mean, DUBS THREAD!

but yeah, Females are either much larger or you just cant tell the difference.

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I think it would probably be the "hard to tell" thing. The easiest way to tell would be the chest, they are supposed to mammal-like reptiles aren't they, so the females would have breasts or at least something similar. Other than that maybe mandible length/size, but I've never imagined the heads on the females looking different from the males. Coloration is what I see as being different, more muted colors like brown and gray.

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

wait no i recall something about females being somewhere in the books, the predators rely on their musk to attract them but they are bigger than the males.

but when i think of this i think of gears of war and the berserks being the females

Xenotor, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I read up and learned that they are Larger than males so maybe if we see a group of 3 yaujta and one is taller than the rest we could decipher that the taller one is clearly the Female.