Could xenomorphs be controlled by marines?

shockwave, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I want a pet alien. Hahaha >3

Blizzard, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Well alot of comic have based a story around this
but in general the result is no
although there was one were a mad general blackmailed a Queen into not killing his men
but in the queen just turned on him

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Possibly through pheromone control and whatnot, assuming they're like bees (Which can be controlled through pheromones). But the general answer is no.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I don't think you can keep the hive controlled....

Just look what happened to Weland Yutani. They died off pretty damn fast.

ThePredator13, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Generally speaking I have to back Firehunters theory. While you possibly could control Xenos it hasn't been done yet so it would probably would not be cannon though we have seen Killer Preds do it but they he more advanced tech than us.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

That was actually the main goal in Resurrection, and it ended up with Africa getting blown the fuck up and Ripley winding up in Paris.

Which I guess is a best case scenario since it was supposedly barren when the explosion happened, but still, Africa got blown up because humans tried to control just twelve Xenos and a stationary Queen.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

As far as we know from the movies, drones and warriors are highly intelligent and very calculated in their actions on their own, but appear to follow a queen's will without question. In my experience, the only reason an intelligent person will ever follow a woman's advice are pheromones. However we don't yet understand how the communication between a queen and the rest of the hive happens and we do not fully understand the extent of a xenomorph's intelligence.

So even if you had pheromones, they could probably tell there's no actual queen around. And even if you had the means to communicate with them through the same kind of language or link that they share, they might eventually figure out that the commands are not coming from an actual queen. Remember that this is a species that is smart enough to use your own environment against you as soon as it's born, can learn how to use an elevator after seeing it used only once even though it does not possess any type of technology, can enjoy the irony of killing you with your own weapon in the cell you made for it and so on.

Unless you could somehow control a queen, I don't think you could control the drones and warriors and I believe you could control a queen by holding the eggs hostage or something like that. I don't exactly remember what happened in the game AvP2, but I think that didn't work out too well either.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

It's worth noting that literally every time any control over Xenos has been attempted in any A/P/AVP-related media, it's backfired horribly.

I think there was a comic series where the protagonists build a synthetic Xeno and send it into a hive. It gets ripped apart within seconds because it doesn't have the proper pheromones. The protagonist makes a new model WITH the proper pheromones, and sends it in. They rip it apart, because it didn't have a telepathic signal.

I imagine that this sequence would continue ad nauseam for every new technology made. Xenos break out and kill everything. It's kind of their thing. In fact, the whole point of the Alien franchise seems to be that the Xenos are fundamentally uncontrollable and need to be either destroyed or left alone, so I don't see a way to successfully control them ever being introduced.

If the Engineers couldn't keep them under control, what chance do humans have?

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

^ I own a book along those lines, its an aliens book and everything.

But to the control thing. If you were to inject a thing like they do with mega-mealworms, it would make a large infant, forever. It wouldn't get to adult size, but it would be decent sized, a little bit larger than a normal chestbuster. There's also neural clamps, which would control it on a mental level. There's a statue of a predator riding a horse-like xeno, using a bridal as the only means of control, which was pretty bad ass in my opinion. In theory, if the queen died and some of the spawn survived, they could be trained to some degree, but that probably wouldn't go well. Personally, i would genetically engineer them to be smaller(about medium dog size) and non-aggressive, also id also make it so the facehuggers were tiny, so tiny that they could only facehug rodents and other small pests.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

If I were still here I would tell you how bad that theory sounds not only because chestbursters have never been proven to be controllable, and that it was a single queenless alien that killed the crew of the Nostromo, but also because of what I would have mentioned in my previous post, the scene in Resurrection, where the aliens are freed and the scientist experimenting on them gets killed by an alien pressing the button that was meant to keep the alien in check. That scene shows that aliens are sapient, because it teases the scientist before pressing the button. You cannot train a sapient being that isn't afraid of you.

But since I'm not here, you make a valid point.

say cheese cake if you want a pet alien. also look up on youtube how to train your xenomorph. its super funny. comet if you saw it

Cheese cake! I'll check out the video soon.

Say cheese cake if you want a pet queen alien

I suppose i must, Cheese cake! That way i could breed more pet aliens.

exactly, This guys a genius. But I already knew that. I want a runner alien though cause dogs are pets so it would make perfect since dont you think. did you check out how to train your xenomorph yet. hmmmmm okay deathdrope, ill start using the edit button.

Just watched the video, very amusing. And yes, we can best friends.

Shockwave, please use the "edit" button instead of having one post after another after another.

ultimate-xeno, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I don't think you can keep a xenomorph as a pet. that idea was pretty much found out in alien:ressurection.

Some time in the future they'll probably be able to genetically engineer miniature versions of popular monsters, fantasy creatures and so on. When that time comes, im first in line to start a miniature xeno hive in my basement. But in the AVP universe i doubt you could ever truly control one.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Predators come close by having the ability to have contained hives for their hunts, but that isn't really controlling the Xenos themselves, just the size of the threat.

In one comic (Labyrinth), I think I remember seeing a Xeno on a safety harness of some kind that allowed it to be walked by humans to and from testing areas.

^ That was more a result of cowing it into submission with starvation and telepathic mindrape.