Predators 2 discussion thread!

concretehunter, Yautja, 10 years ago

So the anticipated sequel has been (Maybe possibly if the weather is good) confirmed. Personally i hope that they do what they did well in the last film and get rid of the other 50% that was poorly done. Predators had a few moments where i went "Wow, this actually seams like it has promise" such as the time where they revealed the person who lives in constant fear of being hunted. I thought "What a cool character to explore" and then they just kill him off.

Here is a great interview with Adrien Brody:
http://screenrant.com/predators-adrien-brody-dvd-bluray-kofi-82698/

He seams like a really calm and well spoken guy and i look forward to the movie more knowing that he clearly enjoys acting.

So what do you think they should do with this move?
What do you think they should carry on/drop from the last movie?

Thrax, Yautja, 10 years ago

They might continue where they left off in predators.Adrien was stuck on that planet and who knows what's gonna happen predators 2 comes out in 2014

-Bloo-, Yautja, 10 years ago

There was actually a (canon?) comic about what he does after Predators, but I'm pretty sure he's still stuck on the planet with the one chick.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

I think having brody in two films takes away from the whole predator franchise.
Its been a different person in each predator movie, and i think it should stay that way.

It's not like there's an significant reason for that, though. Other than the films being at least a decade apart.

Blizzard, Yautja, 10 years ago

I would like them not to content themselves with just doing the same formula as the previous films and try to add something new like they have done in the past

I agree i hope that Dutch isn't mentioned what so ever. He was mentioned briefly in the first film, That's enough of a throwback. It showed that the film stood up on its own without trying too hard to be Predator. If he shows up it will be obvious that less effort has gone into the film, its plot and cinematography; They will try to make up for this by going "Oh look, Arnold" (See Terminator Salvation)

^It was still a cool cameo, but it didn't make up for the rest of the movie.

krio, Yautja, 10 years ago

I would love to see a predators 2.and a alien vs predator 3 but this time making it predator and alien style and not the shit we saw before.i also would love engineers in it altough prometheus was not too much about alien besides weyland yutani and an alien like atmosphere (and the deacon xenomorph) i liked the movie and without prometheus there would'nt be a explanation to the xenos.IF they created them.

skull_ripper, Yautja, 10 years ago

Id still watch another predator movie with brody in it, but id go ballistic if they ripoff lines from the first one again.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 10 years ago

I'd like to see more of the planet, if they decide to continue from the first one.

They could always turn it into an HBO mini-series in the spirit of The Pacific/Band of Brothers. I'd watch the hell out of that.

Yeah, It'd probably be a lot better as they would have to make do with less money. It would put the focus on story rather than effects.

I'd watch it.