PREDATORS 2?

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

What would you guys like to see in a sequel to Predators? I would like to see royce trying to hijack a predator ship and fighting an elder at the end

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

i would like to see a more serious story about the predators back ground. instead of the same old slaughter of humans and hunting them and what not. i like to see conflict between clans and maybe a war

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

That would be cool.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

What Voltage said

PredAlienWarrior, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I see where ur coming from voltage, but you have to remember that most people watching it would not understand all the clan buisness cause they arent avp 'geeks' like us ;)

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'd rather have all that clan/culture stuff be explained in a mini-series or something. With a big-budget show (like The Pacific or Band of Brothers), you wouldn't bring in as many views, but you could potentially expand on so many things you couldn't explain in a film. The movies are made for money, none of which you'll make by producing a movie that a general audience won't get (or even worse, won't care about).

I want a canon explanation for all the shit we've been theorizing on for 10+ years too, but I'd rather have it in a mini-series where you have 10 episodes (10 hours) to explain Predator culture versus the 3 (tops) hours of a film.

Hellraiser, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^Hmmm interesting

Voltage-3000, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

of coarse they wouldnt understand unless they watched

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Yeah, but you'd have to go through hours of research and 3 movies before they really "get it," and the quality of the last few titles Predators were involved with (AVP, AVPR, AVP 2010, even ACM just because of their strong relation to Aliens) just convinces audiences that this universe isn't something worth diving so deeply into.

Compare that to a popular series like The Avengers. EVERYONE is willing to watch 5 movies just to get it, and that's because we're all convinced that it's just something worth diving into. What would make Predators just as exciting? Everyone wants to learn how Thor relates to Iron Man, but that's because each movie is consistently interesting to a wide range of people. MAYBE you could make an interesting plot about alien drama and MAYBE it'd be so good that people would take us seriously again, and admittedly Prometheus ALMOST took us back, but I wouldn't hold my breath any time soon.