Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Forum

Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Register or login to post
-Bloo-
2014-06-08 23:08:30
Xenomorph
Yeah, for a long time I kept debating whether or not I wanted to make it the big stupid crossover it is right now, which is why the only concrete thing I had for a while was a basic outline of events (the whole thing is planned out) and a general guideline of characters. Now that I'm fully confident it's a crossover, all the finer details have been coming together nicely.

By the way, what do you all think of it being a crossover with other things? It's fan-fiction, so I didn't think the risk was that big of a risk at all, not to mention the fact that AVP is already crossover, so yeah... I just went for it. It's a big crossover. I think it'll work. Well, I want it to work.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

Dronehive
2014-06-08 23:17:02
Xenomorph
Bloo, I think if anyone here can do it, it's you.

(anyway, I think it's brilliant, but then again, I wrote a 2001 and Alien crossover.
-Bloo-
2014-06-08 23:51:40
Xenomorph
Nah, actually, I can see that working. I mean, every crossover is pretty much stupid by default because NOTHING can work together 100%, but it's not what you write, it's how you write it.

That's what I tell myself, anyway, just to convince myself that this whole thing isn't stupid. So far it's been working.

Edit: I realize you can't just stick literally anything together, like Care Bears Versus Metal Gear Solid, but... you never know, I guess. There's a lot of creative people out there. My crossover isn't that extreme, but yeah.

DeathWraith
2014-06-09 05:48:12
Xenomorph
In any case, there will always be things like this to inspire you.

EDIT:
>Frequently Asked Questions
>Why anime style?

Bloo, I'm starting to get the feeling that you're the only one who asks that question frequently, because I've only seen it asked like 3 times and I believe two of those times it was by you.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
-Bloo-
2014-06-11 05:19:15
Xenomorph
On the off chance that a new member gets furious about it, I'm prepared to just send them to the first post instead of arguing about it, 'cause I'd rather not. Really though, my biggest concern these days is whether or not the crossover thing will work out like I planned. Whether or not the drawing style is adequate honestly isn't a thought that comes up anymore. If thoughts about my art DO come up, it's stuff like, "Wow, this is getting better. Nice. This is cool. This is COOL"

Anyway, that "Why anime?" section in the OP's been there for 6-8 months, so I've just kept it (I occasionally edit it, but I edit everything). Edit: I just realized you linked to something and there's no way that's for real, it's not a masterpiece like Quarter-Life or My Immortal that makes you question your existence.

Edit: I edited Info Thread a little bit. I've clean up the Intro section to further clarify what this whole project is supposed be to me and to the site. Later I'll rearrange and clean up Section 1. Section 4 is still being cleaned up.

Artwork will be added to Info Thread when sections 5-7 are posted, but it'll all be stuff you've already seen. They're placeholders while I go through every single character and concept and finalize everything. Admittedly this will take a few months, but because I'm a perfectionist idiot, it'll hopefully be worth it. (In other words, I'd rather take a few months to release something good rather than posting something shitty every week. Actually... I'm pretty sure that's what I did back when this first started - I would post a new sketch every few days even though they sucked ass, and I don't wanna go back to that.)

Hope this doesn't bother you guys. I'm looking at posting Section 4 by Sunday night (Alaska time), so there's that.

concretehunter
2014-06-11 07:04:50
Yautja
Bloo do you not feel like you're putting more into the format of the thread explaining the project than the actual project?

I'm just curious since we dont see much from the process of creation.
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

-Bloo-
2014-06-12 01:57:27
Xenomorph
(Sorry for the wait, I had a long day today and I just watched a movie I didnít exactly plan on seeing ANYWAY)

Hereís a little bit about my process:

Before I draw anything that isnít practice, I have to write about it. The more I write about it, the more a potential design gets fleshed out in my head. When Iím comfortable with what I have, I leave that document alone for a few months while I work on other ideas. Itís not exactly part of the process to strictly leave them for a few months, it justÖ sorta happens, Ďcause I have so many other things to write about.

Anyway, those documents are technically done at that point, but being the person that I am, I just HAVE to rework the idea when I look at it a few months later. Think of my current reformatting and rewriting as just another draft. Iím not just cleaning it up; Iím also expanding on everything and giving a lot of my old ideas more depth or detail and all that. I just like going over things I have done to see if itís what I want.

Thatís why I rarely ever have a final design for you to see Ė I donít want you to see a version of something that might not even be close to what its final design is going to look like. Itís true that it only takes me 3-5 hours to get something drawn and colored, but thatís not the only factor to consider. For example, I regret showing you the Chiropteran and Dragon so early, and I especially regret showing you guys the humans, but I showed them to you anyway because I know you needed proof that I was doing something. (I donít regret it because I think the art is bad, I actually still like the old art. Nah, I regret it because they all look different now.)

Anyway, here are some of the drawings I kept or am working on:

I admittedly donít start a lot of Xeno or Predator pieces these days (and have kept absolutely no Predator pieces since December), Iím not gonna make up any excuses for that. The writing for those two species has been going strong, though.

tawganator
2014-06-12 02:18:13
Xenomorph
oh my god the finished look on those are fricking amayzing.

King of the Drones
Life is long but the Day is short
Deathdrop
2014-06-12 05:24:26
Yautja
Fuck me senseless. Not to sound like a broken record, but those are good. Those are really, really good. The bat things (not even going to try to spell that) really turned out well, I think you're on to something with the freaky extending inner jaws.
DeathWraith
2014-06-12 10:31:59
Xenomorph
I can confirm that what DD is saying stands as accurate.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
concretehunter
2014-06-12 10:55:21
Yautja
^

Bloo this is awesome.
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

-Bloo-
2014-06-12 16:48:56
Xenomorph
And I know I sound like a broken record, but thanks guys, it means a lot.

I should have made a colored version of the Dragon (the snake-looking thing in the middle). Its design was inspired by (or ripped from) a Giger painting.

Register or login to post

Alien Vs Predator Games

Dish Network California
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners