Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Forum

Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Register or login to post
-Bloo-
2013-12-31 09:01:03
Xenomorph
Yeah, I admittedly just picked a random version of the name, but I'll go with Jung.

Would it be realistic to think of Korea as one place by the time this guy is born, because I've been referring to his home as just "Korea" rather than North or South (would most likely be South, though).

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

DeathWraith
2013-12-31 10:01:01
Xenomorph
I don't know, I seriously doubt there's any chance of unification for as long as big nations like China, Russia and America fight over influence. Even if the Kim regime is overthrown in the North, the country would probably still be known as North Korea to the rest of the world. I mean, the countries themselves are called Hangook (South Korea - of which "gook" means "country or "land", and this "han" means something like "morning calm") and Chosun (North Korea - exactly the same name as the dynasty before Korea split), even though the south refers to North Korea as Bookhan, meaning "North Han". And the actual name Korea comes from an ancient nation called Goryeo that used to exist on the peninsula.

Anyway, what was I saying? Oh right, even if the Kim regime is overthrown, the distinction between the two countries would likely only grow, because North Korea is really 100 years behind South Korea in everything, so even if China and Russia wouldn't work at that point to keep them separate, unification is unlikely. Nowadays, most people refer to South Korea when they simply say "Korea". Either that, or they think both countries are the same thing. But I mean, people who don't, will not say "I'm going to Korea" and mean "I'm going to North Korea", or "my Korean friend" or "a Korean Starcraft player", it's pretty obvious that they mean South Korea, because North Korea does not allow free access to tourists, does not have Internet, rarely sends students to foreign countries and barely have computers capable of running Mario, which they keep in a museum anyway. So right now, by saying "Korea" you will most likely be understood as talking about South Korea. But if North Korea becomes a normal country, then the distinction will become more necessary, so in your future, either Korea is a single nation across the whole peninsula, or South Korea and North Korea are two distinct normal nations, or South Korea comes to be referred to simply as Korea and North Korea becomes the distinct nation of Chosun.

Either way, they have the same language, the same history until the split, the same traditions and mostly the same values and culture. Speaking of which, there is another type of "han" in Korean culture, one that has nothing to do with the name of the country and refers to a national feeling of frustration, resentment and sadness, which they say is expressed by the sound of their single-chord instrument haegeum, which you can hear here because I can't find the traditional song I was looking for.

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
-Bloo-
2013-12-31 15:31:44
Xenomorph
"I seriously doubt there's any chance of unification for as long as big nations like China, Russia and America fight over influence."

I'm gonna call North Korea "Chosun," which will make Kai's home just "Korea." I'll look up what that means.

In-story, not every country survived when the The Hive assimilated the planet, but something tells me "Chosun" would survive somehow. The big 3 you mentioned are still pretty big in this future. The 2 dominating countries are Britain and Japan, since this entire new world started with the reign of Weyland-Yutani (which would eventually become Red Shield).

1000 years is a long time, so even with the "unification" of the world and the preservation of our society norms, Chosun and Korea will be completely different places (not that they aren't already). I wonder how I should tackle that.

DeathWraith
2013-12-31 16:08:55
Xenomorph
Oh, by unification I meant unification of Korea, not unification of the whole world. I meant that even if the two Koreas are willing, it probably won't be done due to foreign influence, as is the case with Romania and Moldova. Just trying to clarify, because I know I was pretty sloppy with my train of thought in that post.

You have to take into consideration that even though they are two nations, they are one people, so no matter how different they become, they can't be THAT different and the feelings of fraternity would likely not fade, especially in a formerly Confucian society, where they use words that denote family members to refer to their friends, and the word "friend" to refer to a stranger.

READ THE RULES

-Bloo-
2013-12-31 21:45:19
Xenomorph
Nah you're fine, but it was good of you to reexplain Korea's unification because I didn't catch it that way the first time. That's interesting - maybe they won't be so hostile to each other in the future, and they're just separate because of other countries.

Unrelated to Korea: Each country is really, really close to each other. I keep saying there's a planet-sized hive because there is - the entire human population has been reduced to about 500 million people, and they all live on either Australia or some other island big enough to hold all of them (which I don't think Great Britain could, sorry to not use it, CH).

The settlement is made of 7 States that represent each continent. Within each state is a number of districts that each share the name of the country it's based on. The settlement is in a circle shape that encloses the entire continent within it, including some ocean.

The Americas are the thick, defensive outer "wall," which is used to surround and close off the actual continent from the rest of the world. About 200 million people live in North/South America. N. America is the home of Alpha Draconis. This wall wasn't made by man.

Australia is the next layer. It's thinner and houses most of the "office type" middle class. There are 50 million people.

Africa is next and, along with Australia, houses most of the surviving wildlife and rural areas. One of the most technologically advanced cities is located in Africa, however, and it's where the universal train station began. There are around 70 million people.

Asia is next. The entire State lies on an artificial "wall of mountains," so they see a lot of snow. This is where most of the technological advancements are made. District 6, Japan, is notable for being the home of the current Empress. Along with Africa, Asia has the most farmland. Asia contains around 100 million people.

Europa, the most dominant State, houses some of the most popular and largest cities in the world, as well as some of the most powerful people. It's extremely similar to North America, except there's much more snow. It contains around 65 million people and is home to DBO HQ, in Great Britain.

Next is the "Ocean State" of Antarctica, which is just a huge mass of water that surrounds the continent's Capitol, Acheron. There ARE some settlements in Antarctica, but they're all owned by other States. Otherwise, it's just a tropical place with many islands akin to the Caribbean where people (mostly Europeans) go on vacation. Antarctica contains about 5 million permanent residents.

The City-State Capitol, Acheron, is in the very center of the continent. Slightly smaller than New York, it contains 10 million and has the same vibe as Europa.

Europa and Acheron are the main settings of the story.

I'll probably draw a map soon because I got carried away.

-Bloo-
2014-01-01 19:17:06
Xenomorph
I tried making the helmet look all sketchy, but it just looks like I was lazy. I'll stick with the smooth style.

Engineer:

Humans:

The first one is the Korean guy I spent the last two pages talking about.

The second one is the Secretary of War as well as being the Empress' personal adviser and guard (hence "Praetorian").

The last one is Sarah and Nancy's mother, the Empress of the world and the main antagonist for a majority of the story.

concretehunter
2014-01-01 20:41:02
Yautja
*puts dick away*
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

-Bloo-
2014-01-02 00:36:01
Xenomorph
Yeah, no wallpapers yet, keep that shit locked up. But in all seriousness, there's only 6 more important humans to do, so I might as well start the wallpapers in between those.

Edit: I'm just gonna give up the fact that the white haired guy is the real "big bad," if it wasn't obvious enough (white haired/red eyed pretty boy zealot, his forum name is SPACE JOCKEY, he was "born" in ACHERON, he looks punchable, etc).

I wasn't expecting any questions about him unless you already knew that, anyway.

krio
2014-01-02 05:39:53
Xenomorph
space jockey? oh him.... long time ago....

*searches for threads because he has no idea who that was, and thinks of a possibility of engineer species....*

yep.... i totally remember that guy.

Venom snake:
Standing on the edge of the crater, like my brothers once said, and the ashes are all cold now. No more bullets, and the embers are dead. whispers in the air tell the tale of the brothers gone. Desolation, devastation. What a mess we made when it all went wrong....
DeathWraith
2014-01-02 06:18:06
Xenomorph
The Korean guy needs to be making the victory sign with his fingers in all his pictures, man.

Also, for an approximation of the map, do you think you could use this, or are you going to draw it from scratch?

READ THE RULES

-Bloo-
2014-01-02 06:54:37
Xenomorph
All of Kai's "promotional art" is gonna be really Samurai Champloo-like, so the victory sign works.

And yeah, I could use the basic shape of Australia from that map, but I'd have to draw the outer wall and all the other stuff from scratch, which really won't be a big problem.

DeathWraith
2014-01-02 08:35:05
Xenomorph
Well, I was only kidding about that, but if you're gonna take my joke seriously, here's how it should look.

READ THE RULES

Register or login to post

Nostromo Tshirt

dish network paradise kansas
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners