Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Forum

Bloo's Fan-Fic (Discussion Thread)

Register or login to post
-Bloo-
2013-11-03 01:30:40
Xenomorph
I just looked through all my old drawings, and I feel really embarrassed to have posted them.

I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but I feel like my drawing's improved a hell of a lot since that last major update. I hope you'll all feel the same, especially when it comes to my humans. I decided to not care about the anime-ness of it all and just go for it. What I'm aiming for is to have these designs look like they came straight from a high-quality animation, so hopefully I'm going in the right direction.

For next time, you can definitely expect Xeuss, Peterson, TDN, DD, Doc/PV2/CH, and Jim. The Predators have had sketches for almost two months now, and the humans are currently in the process of being colored. Group shots are still in the sketch stage.

In the meantime, here's a few teasers: Two of the four major monsters + the six main characters. In order:

1. Sarah, Nancy
2. Kiira, Corazon
3. Vera, Saya
4. Chiropteran
5. Dragon

I'll probably look at these in 6 months and think they're terrible, but right now, I like them.

Edit: Kiira's (the blonde) ear is pretty fucked up, which I've been meaning to fix, but she's actually my favorite one right now.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

FireHunter
2013-11-03 01:46:39
Xenomorph
Holy sweet tits on a spaceship, you have gotten better at drawing and those monsters look like they are the perfect candidates to go up against the Aliens and Predators. I like how the Dragon looks almost like a Xenomorph but it isn't quite one.
-Bloo-
2013-11-03 03:05:36
Xenomorph
There's a reason, actually. The Dragons and Chiropterans are the peak results of two experiments run by unnofficial Red Shield labs. Both experiments, while separate, are trying to create "loyal Xenomorphs." The last time a Xeno was seen in-story was 800 years before the beginning of the story, and that one was the Empress called Saligia (or, as you know her, Red).

Both of them are made from kidnapped humans. In the first planned story arc, the antagonists will be the two men responsible for the experiments: Upton Julius (Dragons) and Amshel Goldsmith (Chiropterans). Julius is borrowed from an old game called Impossible Creatures, and Amshel is borrowed from the Chiros' parent series, Blood+ (of which Saya is also from).

Gradually, the Predators also become more and more important because they're trying to assassinate them.

DeathWraith
2013-11-03 04:05:06
Xenomorph
Wait.

Are all the girls Chinese?

READ THE RULES

A song about me and skull_ripper that I wrote:
"Yeah, uh, yea yeah, uh, yeah, crackers gonna crack yeah, uh, yeah..."
(thats what I have so far hope u like it)
-Bloo-
2013-11-03 04:41:41
Xenomorph
Nah, but all of them except the blonde are Asian:

First one is an albino Japanese/African-American, second one is her non-albino twin, forth is Chinese/Filipino, fifth is Vietnamese, sixth is Japanese.

Other characters aren't drawn the same way, I just tried to make these ones look more Asian. As for the blonde, she's supposed to be Swedish/German, but I like drawing her with the same sort of face as the others.

DeathWraith
2013-11-03 05:27:27
Xenomorph
Well, they all look Chinese to me, except for the Chinese one, who looks kinda Japanese I guess. But I'm no facial facial features recognition expert.

EDIT: Actually the Swede looks kinda Japanese too.

EDIT: I need to look at more Asian faces now, damnit.

READ THE RULES

FireHunter
2013-11-03 06:06:37
Xenomorph
As soon as I read the name Upton Julius I had a wave of nostalgia because I used to be obsessed with that game.

It's lucky that I've been getting into a lot of Attack on Titan lately because the anime style is bothering me less and less. It's looking great.
-Bloo-
2013-11-03 13:08:38
Xenomorph
Yeah, I dunno what it is about anime, but if you're not into it, you automatically assume it's just bad. So many people think so lowly of it, but it's a very legitimate storytelling medium. That's why I was initially so adamant about proclaiming my style isn't anime-ish even though it obviously is. I remember one time, Predatoress dismissed and even insulted anime while saying she doesn't watch any at all because of the big eyes and all that, but that's basically what the Disney style is.

And yeah, Attack on Titan might have some of the biggest eyes ever, but it's a great show.

@DW: It's never a bad idea to look at Asian girls.

Seriously though, you'd be surprised how many of the different Asians look alike, especially the most well known ones like Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Koreans, etc. I know there are differences, but even some Filipinos, who are generally known to be dark, can be really pale. Half my family is an example, which is why the blue-haired Filipino up there is really pale.

Edit: Wait, it might not be surprising at all, considering how many people mistake one for the other.

Deathdrop
2013-11-03 17:06:53
Yautja
I have to admit I was iffy about the anime style, but actually, I think the look of the humans will work well to contrast the hideousness of the creatures. These are going to be static images, so having lots of expression in the eyes will work well.
DeathWraith
2013-11-03 18:55:01
Xenomorph
It's probably the eyes that make me see them as Chinese. I see this type of eye orientation as typical of Chinese people, as opposed to Japanese or Korean. I've met some Vietnamese people too, but I wasn't really paying attention. I hope you understand that this is not a critique of the drawing style, just some obsessive-compulsive behavior of mine.

READ THE RULES

-Bloo-
2013-11-03 20:22:47
Xenomorph
Nah, you're all good. It's understandable - in the the end, they were supposed to look more Asian in general, and I'm glad you got that at the very least.

@DD: I agree. I COULD have gone with something more realistic, or something more "Western," but to me personally, I think I've see some of the most aesthetically pleasing designs from Japan in terms of higher quality animation. That's not to fault Pixar or anyone else at all, but there's just something about some anime that really impresses me. That's not to say anime is better - a lot of it is run-of-the-mill garbage.

If any of you care to know which works in particular inspired me the most (and how):

- Blood: The Last Vampire (HUGE influence on every aspect of this project)
- Cowboy Bebop (influence on atmosphere)
- Death Note (HUGE influence on the way I color)
- Rebuild of Evangelion (big influence on story + coloring)
- Paprika (influence on story + design)
- Gurren Lagann (big influence on story)
- Ergo Proxy (big influence on every aspect of this project)

With the exception of Gurren Lagann, every one of these is, in my opinion, some of the most aesthetically pleasing things I've seen. Any one of these would be a good "gateway" into anime, especially Cowboy Bebop.

However, if you want an idea as to what my OWN project will feel like, the ones to Google/watch would be Blood, Death Note, and Evangelion 1.11. My aim is get to the point where my work looks just as good as these, because they've got the kind of feel that would be perfect for an animated Alien or Predator.

concretehunter
2013-11-05 06:50:20
Yautja
Are we going to be seeing emotion from the non humans, If so how do you plan on portraying emotion through things like masks/non human faces.
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

Register or login to post

Alien Movies

dish network woodbine kansas
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners