beast99, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

nice drawings

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Whoa, you're works getting better and better Bloo.

Nice job :)

skull_ripper, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

I like it, Also I failed to comment about your plan, Its Fucking brilliant! I certainly like what your doing with the predators, you've got a knack for this kind of stuff man, as always keep up the good work!

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Oi oi oi, it's very exciting to read about Xeuss in your art thread thing. It feels great to have accidentally created something interesting enough that you would use it. But STOP USING IT! jk, it's awesome that you're using Xeuss and that you'd mention Death Wraith as the xenomorph used in his creation is even more awesome. Keep doing great stuff! You can definitely use anything I've ever thought of, I dream of a world without copyright. Also, I'm gonna pronounce BWC as "bawce".

tawganator, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Your works are getting better Bloo and they were good to beging with. Keep them coming.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Over the past week I've written a lot of info on the 3rd most prominent species involved: Chiropterans, or giant bats. I had to rewrite a lot on them because they were too similar to the giants in Attack on Titan. It's unfortunate because all these similarities were completely unintentional - I only started watching AoT a week before posting "Some Art Crap." Even my version of Saya was way too similar to AoT's Mikasa Ackerman, so I changed her a lot before making the other thread.

@DW: I'm actually really glad you don't hate it, I was worried for a while.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Bloo, will the predators be containing the humans? If so, you could include sleeper drones.

Dronehive said:

Bloo, will the predators be containing the humans?

If you mean "imprisoning them like animals and keeping them like slaves," nah, it's not like that, exactly. The remaining human population isn't contained like a zoo - they aren't monitored, they aren't given any food, there are no caretakers... basically, humans have no idea they're underground and they have no idea Predators are real. It's less Gurren Lagann and more Truman Show meets The Matrix. Except no one's asleep and humans aren't used for food.

Humans live in this underground settlement (which is the size of half the United States) as if they were in the year 2080. They produce their own food, there are still movies, games, etc. However, the jist of this reality is largely grounded in how humans were in 2013. They live around the year 2280, 200 years after making first contact with the Aliens and Predators.

The in-universe consensus is that Aliens and Predators (as of Year One) are popular urban legends, like ghosts and vampires are to you and me.

The general population DOES know about a lot of the BWCs (mostly because some of the BWC attacks were hard to cover up), but Predators remain largely unknown to the general public, and Aliens don't even come into the story story until a little more than halfway through.

Dronehive said:

If so, you could include sleeper drones.

I honestly don't know what that is.

Edit: Yeah, I guess this sounds kind of complicated. There's a lot I haven't told you guys yet, and the whole things wraps around a gigantic conspiracy with a SHIT load of characters and plot threads that I've yet to completely tie together. Hopefully I can get a lot more of this out with the next update.

Dronehive, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Okay, so they don't observe the humans at all? I meant a matrix kinda deal, btw.

Also, its what I calls stuff like ash.

Oh, in that case, yeah, they're actually around humans a lot. They just don't try to enslave them like in a lot of other invasion stories. There's a civil war going on between the Council of Ancients and the Seven Headed Dragon, not to mention half of the Council's members being against the recent hostility toward humanity.

It used to be that Predators only observed humanity to make sure they were still thriving because the point of keeping them underground (away from the Xenomorphs) was to make sure their species survived (because the Xenomorphs wiped out the Predator home planet and The Doctor didn't want to see that happen to anyone else).

They don't help them grow food or anything - they only thing they regulate is the false world they live in, to keep up the illusion that the Invasion never happened. And during the Invasion, they only massacred human settlements that had signs of Xenomorph infestation; the Predators' initial goal was to wipe out Xenomorph infestation rather than wiping out humans. It's kind of a weird deal that I haven't entirely worked out yet.

So far, my idea is that only around 100 Predators survived the Invasion (an event which I want to rename to maybe First Impact to reference Evangelion). 7 Elders and 10 others are, as of Year One, against both the Council of Ancients and humanity. Another Elder, Cetanu, is alive but MIA. She's not with either Predator group.

The Council and all those loyal to it (a number of 79) are the ones that the D.B.O. hunts. Only 3 of them have ever been caught - 2 of them killed and 1 in captivity in a Red Shield research facility called Titan. During the 2 centuries before Year One, Predators didn't kill humans.

They only began killing humans again a year before Year One, which is when the Predator in captivity (their leader, Justice) was captured. Justice is constantly tortured and interrogated, but she claims to know nothing of the Invasion or the past 2 centuries. Which is true, but getting into that will make this post way longer than it should be.

Anyway, since Predators only kill those who know too much about them, a large number of them begin appearing when Justice is captured. The urban legends surrounding them begin to become popular again. Some Predators even become competitive with each other and hunt merely for sport, which drives the whole trophy thing and "honor rules" - the younger Predators turn killing humans into a game. And it's true - in the year before Year One, nearly a thousand murders have taken place, not to mention the increase in BWC attacks.

I may have rambled on here, but yeah, that's the gist of it. Predators monitor humans a lot, but have never made a move to kill them until the year before Year One.

"The remaining human population isn't contained like a zoo - they aren't monitored, they aren't given any food, there are no caretakers..."

This reminds me of a thing I had come up with a very long time ago, where the Earth had been completely turned into a hive planet and the last few hundreds of humans had managed to escape on a ship. And after drifting in stasis for who knows how long, the got to a planet that was around six times larger than Earth, but there was Earth-like gravity on the surface, so they landed on a large island and settled there. And after generations, they had built a wall around the whole island that most people thought was for protection from wildlife, because most people had no idea that this was a Predator homeworld and hadn't even heard of Aliens and Predators other than in rumors. Only the highest ranking people in the military knew about this. The preds had not interfered with their settlement, because they didn't want humans to go extinct. But the story started with how, after more than 1000 years after the landing, there was a xenomorph breakout deep underground in some secret laboratories while at the same time the wall was being attacked by predators who were not ok with xenos being released on their planet by morons.

I knew my idea was never going to be an original one (especially because I originally started the story as a potential RPG, so I used basic plots from other things), but it's amazing how many times my story, no matter how much I change it, looks like another.

Just the other day, I realized how similar one of my character's bios was to Goku's of all people. This is a far cry from a Shonen anime, but still.

I feel like your drawing style wants to disagree.

Yeah, that's another thing that's bothering me, too. Even my coloring style makes this look like an anime. I actually think about this a lot. It only bothers me because I know a lot of Alien/Predator fans who absolutely detest anime as an art form. You might even be one of them, I don't know.

It's even been brought up on this forum with a lot of people claiming that "anime will ruin AVP forever!!!"

And to an extent, I understand where that sentiment comes from. I could do without a lot of the typical anime cliches that show up for some reason. But for the most part, I disagree because of works like Kill Bill, Blood, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, etc, but that's a discussion for another topic.

So far, no one's complained about my drawing style, but because of those past discussions, I can't help but wonder if that's only because they don't want to hurt my feelings. I've stuck with it because it's the most aesthetically pleasing style to me while also being relatively quick and easy to produce.

But it still bothers me.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

Honestly it's difficult to have drawn human characters without them looking like they're from either a Disney movie or an Anime of some form. Although the form of anime that I detest is the big sparking eyes and stuff like that, the Kill Bill style wasn't too bad I thought.

I don't mind anime at all, I study Japanese in college because of anime. I hate Japan because I like Korea, but that's a completely different story. I watched the third Bleach movie just yesterday, actually. And speaking of Bleach, I think that's one of the things that makes some anime insufferable to people with good sense. They can be an endless stream of Deus Ex Machina.

Hey everyone, I gotta ask you something.

If you've bothered to skim through Some Art Crap, you know that I decided to include a 3rd and 4th monster - Chiropterans and 3-Eyed Dragons. What do you feel about other species fighting Aliens/Predators? I want to ask you because no one's brought it up yet, and it's really important because I know how you guys feel about crossovers.

First of all, this is still very much just Aliens Versus Predator. The main conflict is between them. But within the context of the story I've created, it would be ridiculous to have just these two. There are things called Black Water Creatures, and if you've seen Prometheus, you know them already. Xenomorphs are BWCs and are the strongest kind. Chiropterans and Dragons, though weaker, are in the same boat.

Second, the idea came from Prometheus itself. Xenomorphs are hinted at being the perfect BWC, but there are others that exist, as seen by the Trilobite, Deacon, and those little squirmy guys that I don't really care about. So I wanted to expand on that.

The species I want to include - the Chiro and Dragon - are ones I really believe can stand on the same ground as Aliens and Predators. I spent a long time deciding how they were going to fit. I didn't just want to throw them in for nothing - they WILL contribute a lot to the story, and will not overshadow the main two species.

Before you ask, my dragons aren't firebreathing dinosaurs. Mostly, they're like big Chestbursters with tentacles. They can sprout wings, and they've got tiny mouths everywhere. Maybe they're the adult form of those worm assholes?

I won't draw one till I get my new tablet this weekend (thank fucking god), but in the meantime, imagine a hybrid between these things:
img1.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1347447996222
hr_giger_duneworm_XII.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1347447839894
hr+giger+tattoo+6.jpg

Chiropterans, on the other hand, are gigantic bats. They're a deconstruction of the modern vampire. They can walk in sunlight and they attack anything that moves, not just humans. Above all, they the appearance of humans, the instinct of Xenomorphs, and the intelligence of Predators. They can sprout wings, they have inner jaws, and they have a hive structure similar to Xenomorphs.

There are a few catches, though. For a normal strain, transformation is EXTREMELY painful. The reason any of them are even IN human form as opposed to staying in the much more powerful bat form is because they're scared of what it feels like to change, and they're rightful to think so. There are also less than 20 of them alive compared to the 87 Predators and near-billion of Xenomorphs.

The reason I wanted to include Chiropterans is because they're a perfect foil to the main two species. They provide a certain depth not normally seen in AVP media. What that depth is, exactly, is something I can't say here yet.

For an idea of how they look, imagine these put together:
04H-wd1109-taxidermy-giant_flying_fox-2.jpg
shinsen-subs_blood_the_last_vampireda-anime-organiweblog-org04995905-42-14.jpg?w=450&h=247
giger-lookout.jpg

So, if the case were that something like these two were involved in Aliens Versus Predator, would that be acceptable to fans?

Alien vs Predator vs Dune vs Batman vs Australian wildlife?

I should name this project "Australia in the Future." Some of it even takes place in Australia.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 10 years ago

The dragons sound cool, but the vamps confuse me a little. I have to admit to some trepidation as far as adding more monsters goes, but then again... Fuck it. This is already a different animal than the "canon" AVP-verse(s), so a few more changes shouldn't be that big a deal. Make it yours.