Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › So... Is the Predator Honor Code bullshit?

Forum

So... Is the Predator Honor Code bullshit?

Register or login to post
alienxeno
2012-12-27 14:23:40
Yautja
there is a war of predators as seen in predator 3.
come on peterson.....it was a joke......i am banned for a joke?

Deathdrop
2012-12-27 15:19:28
Yautja
Yeah, but how is that relevant?
-Bloo-
2012-12-27 20:40:15
Xenomorph
Kirby mentioned something about wars, but more likely than not, the Super Predators were just territorial assholes rather than rebels against the honor system.

Which brings me to Mebbers comment: clearly our "wolves" saw themselves as superior to the "dogs," and had no problem tying up a straggler to a post and leaving him there to die, which is a lot similar to the knight's honor system regarding peasants. In this context, the Super Predators' honor code isn't watered down, they're just royal dicks.

I'm not sure if I like that. It turns Predators in general back into monsters, but at the same time it takes our original/weaker breed of Predator and turns them into middle class jags, which is probably worse than having Scar and that one chick form the Baywatch Rebellion.

MODERATOR / LEADER OF THE SHADOW SERPENTS

Mebber
2012-12-27 21:22:17
Human
I actually like that idea of the super predators beeing some sort of noble snobs. Until now, i always wondered why they behaved so different from the original predators and treated their own kind like worthless cattle, and i thought they might be just another subrace or so. But maybe they're just some sort of really decadent yautja, an elite, the product of a community where the hunt was the most important thing for centuries, which finally lead to a state were even members of their own kind were viewed as inferior beings if they don't belong to a special bloodline of ancient hunters. Like a really harsh class (not caste) society, and the super predators belong to the degenerated top and look down on all who aren't "on pair" with them - a bit like it is with our own human aristocracy. I don't see this as degrading the original predators, more like giving the entire (decadent) yautja society more depth. And it boosts the motivation of the yautja to hunt - to proof they're not worthless.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's all about the payment."
concretehunter
2012-12-28 11:39:58
Yautja
Let me be clear. Predators are giant douchebags who LOVE killing.

Human hunters to get around preservation laws say "it was coming right at me" what's to say they don't either.

I would comment more on this but I'm typing from a phone.
 photo Newsig.jpg

What would Peterson do?

-Bloo-
2012-12-29 16:08:25
Xenomorph
"And it boosts the motivation of the yautja to hunt - to proof they're not worthless."

Wow, above all, this was probably the greatest rebuttal. I don't want to sound like a Yes Man, but again you make a good argument, Mebber.

Topdogg
2013-02-07 08:24:06
Yautja
Now this ladies and gentlemen is the thread of the year, DD if I could, id high five you like a motherfucker right now baby.
Deathdrop
2013-02-07 08:37:07
Yautja
Oh, SHIT! What's up, TD?
DarkLioness
2013-02-07 15:51:35
Xenomorph
I think everyone has a good point.

I'm 5'4 and me facing off with a 8 foot tall Predator, even if I was armed pretty well, would still be unfair. That's like making an ant fight a Blue Whale in my opinion.

Heathen heart, rebel mind and a twisted soul.
Deathdrop
2013-02-07 16:16:00
Yautja
And again, EVEN IF IT WAS a fair fight, it's not OK to butcher people for sport.
-Bloo-
2013-02-07 18:32:22
Xenomorph
I wonder if these Predator clans are the dominant culture, or if they're the "underground" that illegally hunts, the same way poachers kill apes.

It would explain the whole "tribal + technologically superior" thing, but that's probably taking the fan wankery too far.

Deathdrop
2013-02-07 18:39:25
Yautja
I don't think there's necessarily a contradiction there. Barbaric cultures can certainly achieve technological advancement, and highly sophisticated technology can certainly be put to barbaric ends (see: Drone Strikes) so it's not inconceivable that Preds would be both technologically advanced AND operating on basic hunter-gatherer instincts (minus the gatherer).
Register or login to post

Predator Comics

Dish Network Louisiana
Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners