Whatever happened to Dutch.

concretehunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

I believe that after Dutch recovered form the incidents of Predator he was admitted to an insane asylum. Whilst there he attained a Poorly spoken man named Willigan. Dutch with the aid of Willigan then mounted a full on escape by using his shiny biceps to reflect the light and start a fire.

Once Dutch and Willigan escaped Dutch beat down a police officer stealing his car and gun. Together the headed to the closest forest to hide out. Once they reached the forest dutch began to experience Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and began firing randomly and trees while screaming. Willigan (Scared of tree fragments) began chugging 3.5% fat milk.

Dutch ran out of ammunition and started rolling around in mud.

To this day noone has found Dutch. But to be fair they didn't look that hard.

What do you think Dutch did after Predator?

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

In the state of irony, he was mentioned in the Predator Concrete Jungle, you know the book.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

The early Predator comics actually had Dutch's brother trying to discover what happened to him. It never went anywhere, but was cool while it lasted.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 11 years ago

If you watch the Predator2 special features, there was major talk about the movie starring Dutch's brother and having Dutch make an appearance.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

Oh yeah I remember that.

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

I heard Dutch went to work in a kindergarten.....

On a serious note, he was definitely referenced in one of the Predator novels, post movie of course.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

^Am I the only one who thought that movie was hilarious?

Anyway, they also made mention of him in Predators and DIDN'T say whether or not he died specifically because of the events in Predator, but it was really vague and Eric Foreman was really distracting.

What a coincidence. I just ordered Predator: Concrete Jungle(My First AVP book!)!

Dutchbaby, Yautja, 11 years ago

Concrete jungle is a great read. Would've made a good film in all honesty...

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

well he actualy was questioned and he told them the whole story....as seen in predators.he never was sent in an asylum.in avp arcade he helps kurosawata (what ever the f*** her name is)escape the aliens.he was probably just living life meanwhile.a better question is:what happend to anna?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

There is no way in hell the arcade game is canon. It features, among other things, Chestburster-piloted zombies getting suplexed.

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

And why cant it be canon?it was there before the movies!they wanted to make a movie of the game!so it is canon.

Wait, what? There's no way an AVP game came before any of the movies unless you're talking about the AVP films, which also aren't canon.

We only really count the Books, Comics and (Possibly) The individual films of the Alien and Predator franchise.

I know Dutch was sorta kinda mentioned in Predator 2. Not by much though but his ordeal was mentioned and they shoed a picture of the girl that made it out alive with him.

Blizzard, Yautja, 11 years ago

If I was Dutch
I think I would do what anyone would do after an encountering a hunter from space
Retire

^Same here

Rampage, Yautja, 11 years ago

I think I'd retire too

The only things to be considered canon are the individual films because the movies are what came first in both franchises.

Whatever BS I take from the books/games to throw in the RPGs (hive wars, Praetorians, etc.) are a part of the franchise but can't be considered canon until they appear in the source material, in this case the individual film franchises.

Sadly, that does mean the Newborn is real and the Praetorian isn't, but that also means Bataliens aren't real either, so let's be glad for that.

stevethepwny, Yautja, 11 years ago

He was actualy supposed to be in Predators, at the end of the movie another predator ship was supposed to fly down, three Predators were going to walk out and the front one was to take off his helmet and it was supposed to be Dutch, but that didn't happen because of his scheduling issues.

krio, Yautja, 11 years ago

i agree with bloo that games are non-canon.but why is still a mystery since i don't see a reason of them being non-canon.