Chestburster directions.

concretehunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

How do chest bursters know where to come out of?

I mean, What if they come out of the spine? Why would they go out of the rib cage, That seams like a lot of effort. Why not go through a soft and squishy intestine and come out of the butt hole?

Now imagine that kiddos.

A chest burster coming out of your ass.

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

.....they still have pheromone sense.they can sense it

Pheromone? You mean they can smell where your bones are?

no they can sense it.

Blizzard, Yautja, 11 years ago

Maybe the chestbuster just like bone marrow LOl amd thats why he comes from the chest

nope.sense.

daveberg, Yautja, 11 years ago

The parasite grows in the chest. When it's aware enough and it wants out, it takes the nearest route - the chest cavity. No two ways about it.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

I think it was Six who came out through the throat, but that was more for dramatic effect than anything else.

tawganator, Yautja, 11 years ago

The way I see it the Chestburster attempts to kill it's host as a means of self preservation and after safety is assured, food.

Blizzard, Yautja, 11 years ago

But why come from the chest in the first place ?
Its not exactly the most easy place to burst out from
surely as said previously the stomach is a better place to come out of

Mebber, Yautja, 11 years ago

Perhaps the chestburster can chew it's way through the bones that easy, he simply doesen't need to look for an even easier way out. So, it just bursts out from where it grew up.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

The real reason is because it's the messiest, most visually impressive place for them to pop out.

As to the in-universe reason... Maybe they just form facing in that direction?

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

Hey guy's remember in alien ressurection the chestburster was in the throat then bursts out of the chest. Meaning it bursts out of the throat THEN the chest.

@Bloo: 6 Came out of the chest but then went back in the hole after realizing it was captured. THEN burst out of the chest

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

Hey guy's remember in alien ressurection the chestburster was in the throat then bursts out of the chest. Meaning it bursts out of the throat THEN the chest.

@Bloo: 6 Came out of the chest but then went back in the hole after realizing it was captured. THEN burst out of the chest

After watching the films Alien + Aliens i have noticed that they burst from the belly. I guess chestburster sounded cool!

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 11 years ago

Maybe they do it because through their growth they have taken nutrients that strengthen the bones around them, then with the weakened bones and chestburster's strong jaw it is an easy job.