Does Prometheus Actually belong to the alien Franchise

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Does the movie belong to the alien franchise? Why or why not?

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

It's not a direct prequel to Alien (meaning the events of Prometheus don't lead right up to the beginning scenes/events of Alien), but it DOES belong in the film canon. It's in the same universe, unlike, say, the AVP films.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

There's really no question that it takes place in the same universe at this point; it certainly fits better than some other supposedly "canon" things I could mention.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I think Prometheus belongs perfectly in the Alien franchise. With the images of the Deacon or Protomorph, as some call it, this film doesn belong in the franchise. Prometheus wasn't like Predator 2 or the doomed AVP series it was pure genius. Prometheus was suppose to "explain" the origins or the Xenomorph to a certain degree and perhaps maybe it will to an even greater degree someday. Although just going by the Protomorph and the Facehugger-like appearance of those mutant worms I'd say that this film belongs in the Alien franchise.

alienxeno, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

hello......that is where the aliens where made.it is the start of the xenomorph.so yeah it does.

alienxeno, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

but why mix fake gods like prometheus himself....with aliens....what where they smoking?!?!

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm not sure why this thread is still going. The dude who directed it said it was in the Alien universe, so it's in the Alien universe.