Why This Site?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

This stems more out of curiosity than anything, but being that there are several other Alien/Predator/AVP forums, what made you decide to join this one in particular?

Was it just the first one you ran into after googling "AVP," or is there more to it?

Kirby-Cage, Yautja, 11 years ago

Believe it or not DD I did just search alienvspredator2.com and this website came up.If I remember correctly I was looking for info on Avp2 the game so I typed in the alienvspredator2.com and this website came up(as stated before). I took note that there was little info on the game here (cheats, glitches, things like that) however what I found was a community of people with a similar like of the Alien, Predator, and AVP movies that I did so I browsed the many topics that this site had to offer, I found some old RPGs and read them, read the game reviews, and then it caught my attention. I read the first page and was basically laughing at every page, the topic that drew me to become a member was the My Skull topic that Waralien started 3 years ago( I still read it every now and again...all 1000 posts, dam you and your crazy mod powers DD![its a joke on how DD locked the topic on the 1000th post]).

And thats my story on how I found this site and one of the reasons I stayed...I just fell heads over heels for this site I can't say why but I love this place( Maybe it's because I can verbally commit muder as some other thing whist watching[in my mind] their faces be raped? Hard to say.).

Why did you join this site DD?

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

I honestly only joined because of my sister, which had to be 5 or 6 years ago. She's since left the site and I stayed because of the great community.

Despite the setbacks over the years, I really do enjoy posting here, whether it be deep discussion about the origin of human life or a clusterfuck of badly worded insults with us accusing each other of being an evil pastry birthed from the depths of Satan's asshole. There's a wide range of energy here and it's certainly kept my attention.

I used to be a part of 5+ forums, but now this is pretty much the only one I still frequent. This'll probably be the one constant for many years to come.

tawganator, Yautja, 11 years ago

It was the first site I came across and I stuck with it.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 11 years ago

I was on a website about the predator and I found some links. I went through a couple of avp websites but I stopped on this one after I saw it had clans. Ever since then, I try to come on daily.

Forerunner, Yautja, 11 years ago

I have visited a lot of Aliens, Predator, and AVP sites over the years and none have really peaked my interest enough to pursue registration and membership. After digging around on AVPU for a couple of hours I took to the simple design and level of activity here. The introduction of clans and lines drawn between Yautja and Xenos adds a unique flavor to the RPG aspect of message boarding. This looks like a forum I will happily frequent for the foreseeable future.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

For me, the discussions are a big part of it. Even when the AVP-related stuff has been exhausted, it's still a blast to talk to everyone and say a bunch of stupid shit in the off-topic thread.

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

the topics and rpg that cought my mind.

i was like:as a fan i can answer your questions.

the best is.......the fan fiction topic.

make your own story....that is the best.

badapple24, Yautja, 11 years ago

Gather around this is quite a tale ladies and gentlemen boys and girls of all ages, It all goes like this

one january night i was bored and was searching alien links and found this site, once I clicked on it i had seen things no other site had, a choice to be a predator alien human and or a hybrid on an RPG, I signed up immediatly and after that i've made great friends (Kirby, Tawg, and AlienXeno as well as GameFreak and a few others. Now I stayed and have made a good name for myself on this site.

alienxeno, Yautja, 11 years ago

he is kind of right.i made good friends too.(tawagnator,badapple,xenomorph1212,gamefreak and i am trying to become friends with daveberg,bloo,firehunter)

also i was bored so i was searching for my favorite franchise,aliens.and i found this site.(ofcourse i would be a alien)and most members are aliens so.....you get it.i also became friends with supersonicman!(kind off)

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

Well, that's, um, flattering.

No, really, new members want to be my friend, and that's awesome. There's so much future-you has to warn you about, yet tragically, he cannot.

gamefreak33797, Yautja, 11 years ago

Many years ago i saw my uncle playing on this forum. Then about a month ago i waas at his house again and i remembered it and asked what the name was. Found it now here i am and i am proud to say that i have made some friends. Such as alienxeno and badapple and thepredator13