what would happen if a facehugger was able to latch onto a synthetic?

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

What would happen if a facehugger latched onto a synthetic and a chestburster could absorb it's DNA (if they had it). And what do you think it would look like?

Kirby-Cage, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm sure that a facehugger wouldn't face hug a synthetic in the first place as they have no pheromones to give off so the facehugger would ignore it and look for a target with pheromones and if the facehugger did hug a synthetic (for what ever reason) the chestburster would die or never develop.

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

No i'd think that it would Burst because of the chestburster would have to emerge.. Also i said right away (If they had DNA)

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

They're robots. They don't have DNA (or organs, for that matter), so a facehugger wouldn't be able to actually implant anything.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^Well, it could, but that's like filling your car up with orange juice. Ergo, you ain't going no where, motherfucker.

alienxeno, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

why would it

aliens dont atack machines

ragnarok521, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Well facehuggers attacks whatever like with ... mouth or something to introduce the eggs , so actually thy could also do it to the robots .

No, they couldn't, because robots are not organic. There are no nutrients to be absorbed, and probably not a chest cavity to be implanted into. There's no breathing. There's nothing a facehugger can use in an android.

ragnarok521, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

So it would need an organic form , so I think they wouldnt attack them but like the name says "What would happen if a facehugger was able to latch onto a synthetic ?" Well I suppose the will die or something ...

aliens do not atack machines and things they do not see as a treat

-avp instruction manual

they will not atack machines.
live with it.

but.....they do atack androids in avp3.

I mean, the facehugger could latch onto the synth just fine, but it couldn't actually DO anything. Sort of like how that homeless guy down the street has sex with the park bench every night, but never gets it pregnant.

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

The facehugger would be capable of latching onto a synthetic, but like Deathdrop said, nothing would happen, it would just disable the android's sight (by physically blocking it) and that's it.
Seeing as a machine has no DNA (If it did, it wouldn't be a machine, it would be an organism, in that case a facehugger would be able to attach itself, though the offspring would be just a regular alien because the android would likely have human DNA) and no pheromones, the facehugger would likely ignore it.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Because Xenomorphs can sense that synthetics aren't organic (in other words, useless), the bots are "killed" before they cause any sort of trouble.

I don't believe Xenomorphs are the type of species to let the synthetics go and just collect the humans. Maybe if one or two synthetics are in a group without any people around and are, for the most part, harmless. But they can potentially hinder or even halt the assimilation of a group of humans, and so they're killed off.

Take, for instance, corgis. For all intents and purposes, they're useless when it comes to my basic needs. I don't attack them for fun; they're just there. But when I haven't eaten breakfast and that bitch won't leggo my Eggo, you can bet one of us is going to fucking die. Is it because I hate corgis? No, I think they're relatively cute, and one of them was a main character on Cowboy Bebop. I am not the villain here. The real villain is poachers.

listen up everybody.

1do not atack machines
2do not atack thins that dont see as treat

they will ignore it.

krio, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

have to agree with my bro here.

they will ignore.