So, about Litany of Fire...

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm wondering what you all think of the story so far. How do you guys think it holds up to the actual games/comics? Is it equally as engaging, could use work, only suitable for an RPG environment, etc.

I've got something that's been on my mind for about a month now, and I wouldn't be on board with it if no one else thought the story and characters are interesting enough.

tawganator, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I have really enjoyed it so far and if it were to be transferred to comic or novel form I would definitely give it a read through again. The characters are more enjoyable then most of the characters from the AVP franchise. I am still very engrossed in the story at the moment and can't wait for the next Post.

Tawganator said:

if it were to be transferred to comic or novel form

You actually took the words right from my... brain.

(I'm really killing it with this quote shit.)

Why this RPG ? Well, it's special to me because it's the first RPG on this forum I've participated in from start (sort of) to finish, and it, in part with Prometheus and the site updates, really revived my interest in the site. With serious input/collaboration with some of you creative people, I feel we might be able to keep LoF alive a little longer after it's finished.

Edit: One of the things I'm considering is doing three separate versions, obviously from the point of view of each species. That may be too time-consuming, and with classes coming back up in the next month, I really don't know how much I should apply myself to.

Figuring out how the structure will look is going to be the hardest part. The pacing and numerous POVs to incorporate are things that can easily make or break this project. It'd be a challenge to get into the minds of each of your characters as well as I have with mine. Maybe the safest thing to do is to simply rewrite the entire set of events from the point of view of my own character while also including segments by an omniscient narrator, which would be interesting and would certainly make things easier.

I don't know, there are a lot of things I've been considering, maybe you can all help me out.

tawganator, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Well I wish you the best of luck on your endeavours

Considering what I'm actually trying to do, this might carry over well into next year.

badapple24, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I love it, If you were to draw it out then you may actually make it a published comic ( considering you got franchising rights)

God, no. I mean, maybe. NO.

If I did, I could market my guy as the villain, but also the protagonist. But only if I went with the whole telling it from my dude's POV. I'm no narcissist, I just always liked the idea of the main character being the villain, and the antagonists actually being the heroes.

I have the means to illustrate everything myself (Adobe Suite, baby) and the minimum writing capabilities (as you all know), but to take this on all on my lonesome would be a harrowing task. I don't want to inflate my head any more than I want to totally throw away all my free time, so probably not. A simple short story would do.

Honbuka, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I hope it can be turned into movies and comics