ALIENS-Labyrinth

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

I know people have some issues with the Dark Horse comics, but has anyone else read this one? I just finished reading it, and, in the words of George Carlin:

"Holy jumpin' fuckin' shit-balls!"

Not only is it the best Alien comic ever, it's better than several of the movies. Anyone who thinks the Xenos aren't scary after the AVP's has only to read this to be reminded of how pants-crappingly terrifying they can be.

Christ. So good.

tawganator, Yautja, 11 years ago

I've read it while ago and I didn't think that much of it. I mean it was good just not blow-my-freaking-mind-away good.

Maybe I should read it through again.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 11 years ago

With that kind of review I'm definitely going to buy it. What issues do people have with Dark Horse? Not to derail the thread or anything I'm just wondering cause I always like the stuff they produced... Although my DH collection is limited to the older alien, predator, avp comics.

EDIT: You know anything about the book adaption of the comic DD? Cause I like Steve Perry's stuff.

I've only read the comic, not the novel. I'd go for it if you like Perry's stuff, though.

Still, the comic's art is something to see. Kilian Plunkett's Aliens are one of my favorite depictions of them.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 11 years ago

This sounds like it's actually worth reading, so is it available at Barnes & Noble?

Ravagers, Yautja, 11 years ago

From that review I'm definitely going to read it.

There's some weird stuff in it, to be sure-The Xenos are a little too easily subdued and studied for my taste-but man, just wait until issue 3. For anyone who wants to track it down, Amazon is your best bet.

The entire series is collected in Aliens Omnibus Vol. 3, which is maybe 20 bucks, but the novelization is dirt cheap if you buy used.