Too much info

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Today I saw an article in Prometheus News of someone who suposedly saw a Prometheus screening, and the article contained spoilers.

I just couldnt read it, I already have too much info about the movie as it is.

I'll put my fan status above the status of AvP Universe webmaster and will start to avoid reading any more info about the movie, in about 30 days we'll talk again...

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

Lol damnit man! A part of me really wants to know, but I know it'll be better to wait.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I did the same thing a few weeks back. I don't want any spoilers for this thing.

Mebber, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

It's really hard to brace oneself not to read too much about the movie, and it's gonna be a long time until the movie can be actually seen in the cinemas (especially for me), but i bet it's worth it. If the movie will be as good as i hope it to be, i'd kick myself in the nuts if i'd make the mistake to watch the movie spoiled.... awww, i can't wait for this damn movie.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm seeing ads for this everywhere now. I'm torn between this and TDKR, and the combined excitement for nearly every movie coming out this summer just might kill me.

I tried staying away from this place till opening day thinking you'd all spoil the shit out of it with even more links to news articles and videos and all that, but I'm glad we're all on the same page.

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I must be one of the few people who doesnt care about spoilers, at least in the sense that I don't feel like knowing the plot or ending ruins something. If so then I'd hate every adaptation of something :P

daveberg, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I'm pretty much clued up as to what happens in the film, and happy with what I hear. I'll leave it at that.....

Shit, you've pretty much hated any Alien-related film from the last decade, so I think I can speak for everyone when I say we have our franchise back.

Now... on spoilers. I can't handle that. I mean, I don't mind you guys who don't care what happens, I just hate the guys who go around telling everyone what happens as if they're giving man fire. Let's withhold on nuking the goddamn target until we actually have a target to nuke, you know?

It's really only movies and sometimes T.V. where I'd like to find out on my own. I actually think it's essential to knowing ahead of time what bosses/enemies are going to try and fuck me sideways in a videogame so the stress level is cut in half, though I haven't been much of a gamer these past 2 years.

Anyway, Prometheus. Great to hear it'll be worth seeing.

DarkLioness, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

I hate that whenever a movie gets ready to come out some jerk says "Hey I saw the movie already now I'm gonna spoil it for everyone!"

Just based on the music score for this film alone (Which is peppered with nods to Alien) has got me excited. Couple more weeks and i'll be sitting my old ass down and enjoying some space Jockey action!

Well, another month and I'll be doing the same. I'm gonna be seeing it with the family, who haven't seen the original films yet, so I'll be showing them the first two the day before opening day. It'll be a great weekend.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 11 years ago

^ Especially if you have seafood that night and chuck a crab husk at someone's face just after Alien ends while hissing loudly.

If the soundtrack is anything like Alien, that bodes extremely well. I love how often there's just very quiet, slight music in the background. It makes it that much creepier.

I think the only people I know in person who've seen the movies are my sister and dad. I mean, now that there's a cool new one with awesome special effects, everyone wants to go see this one.

Also on the music, that's a very important factor for me. Glad to hear that's all good, too. I don't want to listen just yet, though, unless the track names don't give away certain events in the movie.

Yeah i'd be carefull of that one, bloo - the track names are semi-spoilerish.

@-Bloo-

"unless the track names don't give away certain events in the movie."

Indeed they do!

That's what I suspected; well, it's not essential for me to listen to the score before watching a movie. I'd probably like it more after watching anyway.

LoL @ HUGE SPOILER posted by dave.

Now I cant even read the news on my own site :P.

Sorry chaps!!!

;o)