Why dont the humans and the predators team up?

Dark, Yautja, 11 years ago

Why don't they team up, they all have one common enemy?

FireHunter, Yautja, 11 years ago

Because the predators like to hunt humans too. And I'm pretty sure they see humans as an inferior species anyway.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 11 years ago

The predator's won't team up because they would rather hunt humans then work with them.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 11 years ago

They did work together in avp, it wasn't a huge success either. Firehunter has the right idea, you don't really team up with prey, to hunt more prey.

Sometimes the site lags a bit and if you click submit more than once it'll pump out posts like crazy.

jaguargod, Yautja, 11 years ago

Because it is an absolutely horrible idea.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 11 years ago

"So, entrusted human ally, now that we have defeated the evil Xenomorphs, the galaxy may, at long last, be at peace."

"Yeah, right... So, what was with all those centuries where you were dismembering us for sport?"

"Uh... LOOK OVER THERE!"

My thoughts exactly DD.

That was something that always seemed strange about AVP. Lex is practically crying over the death of a creature that would have gutted her without a second thought only hours before.

If you take any of the behaviors of the two previous predators in the first two movies. I'm thinking avp would have played out differently, in the sense that scar would of gutted Lex, or at least used her body to distract the aliens while he butchered both the aliens and her.

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

@DD

Yeah I was thinking close to the same thing. After all it would be weird teaming up with a Predator if one of them killed someone I'm close with or actually liked.

^ Or ANYONE, whether you knew them or not. If I saw some guy decapitate a random person on the street, I'm not going to trust that guy.

Gaunt, Yautja, 11 years ago

I'm sure the Predators would consider that if Humans got to their technology, they would become a potential threat.

And that's why they have a built in self destruct device for hopeless situations, this allows them to keep their foothold on the galaxy in almost any situation, by taking every key witness and scrap of evidence with them.

Predators may be stronger, smarter and more agile than Humans, but they don't under estimate the Human races capacity to learn or grow, and as there are seemingly more Humans than Predators, in most scenearios, it would be safe to assume that unless an extremely important and honourable truce is reached, the Predators would be waiting to destroy their Human adversaries upon expendature of their usefulness to them.

Where the Yautja make up for elite brilliance, Humans make up for in expendable numbers.

Mebber, Yautja, 11 years ago

Pretty much good stuff said already, humans are just prey for them. You don't team up with your prey. The only scenario i could possibly think of were yautja and humans are allied is if the humans manage to be of any use for the preds besides of being prey. Maybe like abject sniffer dogs - "Hey, Yautja, we've discovered a nice world here with fancy new creatures to hunt... uhm... please hunt em' this season, not us, they're much more interesting to kill...pleeease?"
Well, even that is quite hard to believe, i guess the yautja find enough prey themselves.

By the way, we really don't know how big the yautja society is, or how many of them exist. Sure, they hunt alone, but that doesen't have to mean there are significantly fewer of them at all compared to humanity. Maybe the yautja hunt in the entire galaxy, which is pretty, pretty huge, and there are actually billions of them...

But i'd really like to know what would happen IF the yautjas would start to consider humans a real threat- how would they react? Simply wiping them out before they become strong enough to threat them?

neomorph, Yautja, 11 years ago

because its pray not team they think they are not strong enough to be a warrior like them

the smart xenomorph

DarkLioness, Yautja, 11 years ago

Once again agreeing with Deathdrop. Yeah if I saw ANYONE walk up to someone and kill them I'd be running in the other direction. As fast a humanly possible.