Prometheus viral marketing

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qakkekmp12U

Anyone seen this yet? I'm gonna be honest, the twitch freaked me out a little.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 12 years ago

lol, I'm loving the way this movie is being marketed.

Creepy thing is, that's DEAD-ON for how commercials are.

ash, Yautja, 12 years ago

This seems like what an advert for synthetics if it really happens in our world, love it. So excited about this film it hurts.

daveberg, Yautja, 12 years ago

Clearly Fox have spent a mother trucker load of money on this film. I love viral marketing!

concretehunter, Yautja, 12 years ago

I bet they were really drunk and went "Dude... we should totally make a film thats before Alien, But not actually tell anyone"
And his friend was all
"Yeah dude, Then we spend tons of money on it and make it look like it has nothing to do with alien"

Let's see... It's an ad for a Ridley Scott-directed movie involving Androids in blue jumpsuits with white "blood" helping Weyland industries get into space to explore a derelict ship with a Space Jockey in it.

This clearly has nothing to do with Alien.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

When asked whether Prometheus was an Alien prequel after having confirmed it before, Ridley probably just thought "ah, fuck it, I'll just say no".

concretehunter, Yautja, 12 years ago

I bet ridleys going to stick a predator in there just to piss us off.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

How much you wanna bet on that, because I'll take it. Also, triple or nothing.

BananaAlienKing, Yautja, 12 years ago

I thought Prometheus wasn't going to be an alien prequel. Now there putting androids and Weyland industry in it.

daveberg, Yautja, 12 years ago

In this day and age, Directors hate to see their work revealed before the film hits the cinema. This basically drives them to fuel the media with misdirection campaigns giving false information and red herrings to throw people off the scent. I firmly believe this is what Scott has done all along.
The writers and Scott claim that the planet Prometheus takes place on is not LV-426, and also we will see no xenomorphs at all - Could be complete rubbish.

It's not unheard of - Michael Bay did it during the Transformers sequels.

This movie isn't a direct prequel, but has many tips of the hat to the original and takes place in the same universe.

It takes place in the same universe as Alien, but the focus isn't exclusively on the Aliens. What's so complicated about this?