avp question

St1mp0, Undefined, 18 years ago

OK, this question has prob already been asked! but
WHY!
do the humans bring weapons to the pyramid? i mean were they expecting giant p[enguins or something?
i know it wouldnt of made much of a film if they didnt have them! (not that they used them much in the film! everyone with a gun got killed instantly... dont think an xeno was killed froma a bullet)
anyway... why did they even bring weapons?
:op

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

i think he was just being stupid

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~

daveberg, Undefined, 18 years ago

Ok guys, i really recommend the book to you -

true there was a group of archiologists, but also a special units team gathered by Weyland headed by verhieden and Max. years past, verhieden (excuse my spelling) had a run in with Lex and she put him out of business (i can't recall the story) Anyhoo, those with the weapons were a specially trained unit brought along to deal with any 'problems' that may arise.

Some speculations circling round the net have seen people question whether or not Weyland actually knew about the alien species.

rushed.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

Stalker, Undefined, 18 years ago

That could be it. Or maybe the guns were just in case there was a rival team there who threatened them or something (unlikely but a suggestion)

the_doctor, Undefined, 18 years ago

yeah everyone should read the book it fills in alot of plot holes

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

Again another valid point, Weyland was concerned about making good time to the pyramid in order to fend off other teams that may have picked it up on radar.

rushed.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

PredatorJay, Undefined, 18 years ago

as the girl whose name escapes me said..."I'd rather have it, and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

Also, the black dudes had them not only for intimidation but to ensure no one tried killing Weyland or anyone else. the fact that Preds and Xenos showed up gave 'em a greater sense of security in those guns.

any chance he might of known about there being soemthing down there... after all they did hide the weapons from the archieologists.. i mean youd think something like that theyd inform...

Max was indeed, Mr Weylands personal tant and cheif of security. I think Weyland knew about the aliens. Somehow, some way, from the last hunt 100 years ago, someone had records of extra terrestrial life on earth in that point in time.

froggy.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron
BugRenders

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

They're archeologists, diggers not the military or soldiers. They don't need to bring weapons. And plus, what kind of enemies are they going to expect to be in Antartica anyways. Evene as someone pointed out about terrorists, they're not the military so it's not their job to be armed.

We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

some wair ramote like that would have made a gr8 place to conceel terorist action and out in the internashonal whaters there is nothing to stop u from being atacked by pirats (it hapens)

to no man will i neel there blood in upon my steel

TDN, Undefined, 18 years ago

That's another plot hole from the movie. They were archeologists and there wasn't any reason to bring weapons. They were just expecting a pyramid, not one infested with Aliens of any kind. They're weren't even expecting enemies or else they would have brought the military with them. It's another mess up by AVP. I think they're just trying the make it like humans were armed and still got beaten by Preds and Xenos, or to try to make the movie more exciting if humans were armed(which it failed in).

We Endanger Species...
Preferably Yours

Unknown, Undefined, 18 years ago

well they are going to need weapons because they have no clue what is there for all they know there could be a killer squirrel

~the mind is a terrible think to waste~
~your heart tells you your true path~

also anther thing that puzzeled me:

when they descover the pred weapons the black dude states:

"good job we brought the experts"

yet the one time when the EXPERT shouts

"wait dont touch it"

he ignores the so called "EXPERT" and removes the damn weapon! causing the release of the alien!

again, just a thought

:op

donut, Undefined, 18 years ago

just in case one of the dudes tried something funny, well i really dont know, but it couldve been that reason!

~i draw things...it is delicious~
~first female on teh site! w00t w00t!~