Best set design?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

This one should be simple enough. What's the best set design in an A/P movie?

For me it's Alien, although Prometheus may well knock it our of the top spot if the new trailer is any indication.

daveberg, Yautja, 12 years ago

Alien, without a shadow of a doubt. One of the creepiest, atmospheric creations i've ever seen on film. The st pieces in this film are amazing, especially taking into effect the era this movie was produced.

The dark, cramped, industrial gloom of the Nostromo, then the chilling, biomechanical look of the derelict - the film and its sets speak volumes for me.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

...But, hey, Requiem, am I right, guys? I really enjoyed the shit out of that pizza parlor!

Seriously though I'm on the fence between Alien and Prometheus. On one hand, you have the atmosphere and lighting and all that good stuff, like has already been said. However, Prometheus is showing off all the same kind of stuff with modern cinematography technique and technology.

daveberg, Yautja, 12 years ago

Prometheus is basically Alien mark 2. The sets are bigger, more advanced and a step up aesthetically. Ridley favours real set pieces over CGI so I think this film will look amazing in 3D (Even though i'm not a fan of it)

I hate to say it, but I also thing Alien Resurrection had some fantastic sets too. The Auriga for one, was a nice tip of the hat to the dark, murky look of our beloved Nostromo.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 12 years ago

Have to agree, the one thing resurrection had was decent sets. Especially the underwater, its my favorite scene/set.