Sandy Collora the man that should've directed AvP

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Today I saw a very low budget movie, "Hunter Prey".
Based on the budget ($500k) I was expecting for a very basic acting and low quality cgi.

Instead what I got was a movie with a interesting story, solid plot and non compromising special effects.

I went to investigate who made this movie and was a guy named Sandy Collora, never heard of him. But after looking at some of his work I found something that is very very familiar to most of us:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zn53yhjsDM

I think if anyone deserved a chance (and a budget) on an AvP movie was this guy.

Wake up FOX!!!

jaguargod, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I'm just shocked that Milla Jovovich wasn't in AvP too. AvP is basically a Resident Evil movie with different characters. Paul Anderson should be banned from Hollywood. I have seen Hunter Prey. It wasn't great, but for that budget it was pretty awesome. Batman Dead End was awesome, but way too short. I wanted to see more.

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Now that was an great short film, it lacked the aliens involvement to some level (with only a short grapple scene) but made up for it with a nice long Predator brawl.

The ending was a good cliffhanger, surrounded by Preds and Aliens, I laughed when the Joker was grabbed.

I have gotta agree, give this guy a BIG budget and let him save the AVP franchise, he obviously knows how to direct.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

He did a brilliant job with Batman Dead End, it was one of the first fan made movies I saw. I wouldn't mind seeing more alien/predator related films from him.

Mebber, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The short film was pretty awesome. Even the battle sequences were impressive, and that's without a big budget for an extensive choreography and all that kind of stuff. Some pretty nice camera shots too. Even the acting was nice- this dialog between Batman and the Joker was actually more gripping than some stuff i've seen in A-movies recently.

I saw Hunter Prey some months ago, and although it was sort of lengthy in some parts, this guy did a fine job of storytelling there. The movie itself wasn't "great", but considering the low budget, the monotonous setting and the lack of action sequences it's quite a good piece of work the director managed to create tension after all. He definitely deserves to get a chance to create a big budget movie.