... Batman on LV-426!

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Today I was sparsely looking at my TV and Batman (1989) was on.
Suddenly I looked and, wtf, Batman* was on LV-426. I went to investigate and as it seems Batman reused the alien hive sets from Aliens.

Some info found at Wikipedia:

Some scenes of the Alien nest were shot at the decommissioned Acton Lane Power Station in Acton, London. The crew thought it was a perfect place to film due to its grilled walkways and numerous corridors. Problems were encountered with rust and asbestos, however, and the crew was required to spend money to clean the asbestos. The Alien nest set was not dismantled after filming, and was reused in 1989 as the Axis Chemicals set for Batman. When the crew of Batman entered the set, they found most of it intact.

At one point the crew members mocked Cameron's wife, producer Gale Anne Hurd, by asking her who the producer was and insisting that she was only getting producer's credit because she was married to the director. A walkout occurred when Cameron clashed with an uncooperative cameraman who refused to light a scene the way Cameron wanted. The cameraman had lit the Alien nest set brightly, while Cameron insisted on his original vision of a dark, foreboding nest, relying on the lights from the Marines' armor. After the cameraman was fired, Hurd managed to coax the crew members into coming back to work.

Thanks to UK Onscreen for the images.

capbig.php?batman05

capbig.php?aliens01

*Batman or Joker actually I was more worried about the set.

BananaAlienKing, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Well thats pretty cool and interesting. Two of some of my favorite movies filmed on the same set.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I've never noticed it before, even though I've seen both movies more than a dozen times lol. Cool find P!

Waralien, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Batman vs Alien....the comic sounds plausible with this info.

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I thought something looked familiar about that set, great find.

Good news for you War, the crossover exists.

Here read.