What was missing

supersonicman96, Yautja, 12 years ago

Okay so it has come to my attention that some people didn't like all of the alien, predator, or avp movies. So here, you post what you think would have made these movies better.

daveberg, Yautja, 12 years ago

What was missing from AVP/AVP R was good direction. As much as I personally hate crossovers, these films had potential to be great, if not good at the least. poor directorS with weak vision ruined both films.

Alien Resurrection was such a let down, it had all the makings of a decent entry to the franchise, but lost all of its dark, gritty feel when the decided to give Ripley a sense of humour. The film became too tongue in cheek after this, it never had the same sort of survivalist feel to it ala Alien 3, no real sense of danger or dread.

Predator 2 wasn't too bad, I liked the whole concrete jungle warefare scenario.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

Direction and writing, I think, are big ones. The effects and everything else like that weren't bad, it was just the story and characters that bothered me, and the direction that was taken with them.

The first AVP is a nice little popcorn flick at least, as well as Resurrection. Requiem I don't think I'll ever see again in this lifetime or any other.