What are you looking for in the next AVP game.

supersonicman96, Yautja, 12 years ago

So there has been talk about another AVP game thats going to take place on the xenomorph planet. What do you hope will be in the game?

Biorex98, Yautja, 12 years ago

Alien life cycle.

daveberg, Yautja, 12 years ago

I basically want the next 'Alien' game to be like Dead Space.

If they can pull that off, that'll be amazing.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 12 years ago

Now that would be creepy. I always thought alien resurrection for the first play station had all the makings for a very very creepy game, however like the newest avp it had a bunch of easily fixed issues that plagued the game and gave it a bad reputation. I think if you took elements from alien resurrection like hearing that soft heart beat of the player, to the music, and dark maps full of shadows with limited weapons you'd have one hell of a scary alien based game.

So basically dead space.

BananaAlienKing, Yautja, 12 years ago

It would be better if as a human you feel more overwelmed, even if you are in a group.

bloodstriker, Yautja, 12 years ago

i agree with pv2 and dave also they should have more weaps for predz there were only 4

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

@Dave & Pv2: That's basically what Ash and I were talking about a few weeks ago in whatever thread it was. But with less conventional firearms and more of an actual survival thing (maybe like the new Tomb Raider coming out later this year). It's Jackie Chan if you put him in a horror movie... which admittedly sounds like the worst idea I've come up with so far this year, but you know what I mean.

I'll put out something of my own. I want to see the predator be able to skin, to activate their own self destruct device, and to start of the alien story as a face hugger.

Waralien, Yautja, 12 years ago

You know that Alien with Dead Space elements doesnt sound too shabby. Heck a possible weapon combo could be the Marine Pulse Rifle and the Flamethrower combo Ripley used. But that would most likely be under "Rare weapons" since it is survival horror.

bloodstriker, Yautja, 12 years ago

That be so epic think about avp sliced with dead space image the possibilitys and choices.btw who listens to three days grace?

I also hope they put the predator's true red vision and that distorted voice you hear when they have thermal vision.

BananaAlienKing, Yautja, 12 years ago

I want to see the full alien life cycle. Maybe even an alien empress.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

I want the controls from AvP2 back with the smooth wall transition from AvP1 and the game to be made on Unreal Engine 3.

Shadowwall, Yautja, 12 years ago

Alien lifecycle! and more ... (merging queen, laying eggs, perhaps building hive!,...)

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 12 years ago

Hive building would be an interesting concept, I'd enjoy being able to play as the queen more.

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

A level where you dismember a virtual avatar of whichever developer thought automatic jumping was a good idea.

On a more serious note, I'd like to see a stronger emphasis on stealth.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

I'd like to see a personal account of a single Xenomorph or Predator's life. Something in-depth like Fallout or Assassin's Creed: the perfect mix of stealthy and action-y, in my opinion.

If in a human's shoes, however, my opinion still stands on Alien + Dead Space. That'd be an absolutely terrifying experience.

Also I want to be able to grab marines through the vents, explore the hive, have the predator take off all his weapins for a fair fight and also just for fun, a free roam mode.