Alien vs Predator - Universe
 News   Forum   RPG   Clans   Members   Encyclopedia   Movies   Games   Books   Comics   Artwork 
HomeForum › Official HELP for new members thread

Forum

Official HELP for new members thread

Register or login to post
shockwave
2013-04-28 23:37:54
Xenomorph
how do U change your avatar
shockwave: soon to be king of the xenomorphs..... your skull is mine UX, you know why...its because im batman!
The shadows betray you.....because they belong to me!

Feel the wraith of cheesecake!
FireHunter
2013-04-29 02:47:32
Xenomorph
There should be an option to do it in the "Edit Profile" link on the right side of the page, just beneath where it says "Comics"
shockwave
2013-04-29 04:20:54
Xenomorph
I still dont get what an RPG is yet. can any of you awsome people help with this problem.
shockwave: soon to be king of the xenomorphs..... your skull is mine UX, you know why...its because im batman!

shockwave
2013-04-29 04:21:56
Xenomorph
Can somebody make me a sig please

FireHunter
2013-04-29 04:53:52
Xenomorph
Have you read the rules? That explains an RPG.

And any requests for a signature go in this topic:

http://www.avpuniverse.com/forum/7264.html
shockwave
2013-04-29 05:58:26
Xenomorph
I did read the rules and it sounded very confusing. Im not doing this on purpose . I really dont get it. sorry if your frustrated. We cool man. o3o

FireHunter
2013-04-29 06:23:01
Xenomorph
Yeah man, we're cool.
Basically, an RPG is like a written story where every post is like another very short chapter, and your posts focus on your character's perspective and actions. For example:

Player A: Xenomorph attacks Predator, possibly text regarding to the character's thoughts, and MINOR actions performed by Predator, such as blocking or striking back.

Player B: Predator recovers from Xenomorph attack, and returns with another attack, again possible inner monologue and minor actions performed by the Xenomorph, such as a counter-attack or block.

Obviously it's much more complex than that, but hopefully you get the general idea. Seeing as you're a Xenomorph player, you'd be Player A and your opponent would be Player B.

Rules regarding RPG posts and the control of other peoples' characters include things like, if there's a Marine character, such as Peterson, you cannot have them say anything unless you email them or discuss it with them first, or if they've said it in their previous post and you're including that in your post at the start. In a fight situation you must wait 5 posts before landing a final, killing strike, the killing strike would be on the 6th post.

Also, I'm going to lay this down as it is an enormous pet peeve of mine.
Xenomorphs cannot speak externally, inner monologue is fine, but you can't make conversation with a member of another species. I personally would prefer if you didn't have your character speak in English to other Xenomorphs as well, but that's up to you, it's easier for a lot of people to understand, and Bloo does a wonderful job of it, he's the only one that implements it so well that it doesn't bother me.
shockwave
2013-04-29 23:43:25
Xenomorph
Oh now I get it. Thanks man. 0U0

shockwave
2013-04-30 00:07:58
Xenomorph
Wait, is the hive a ps3 clan. Because i remember that when I was playing AVP 3 (2010). I found a clan called the hive and their leader was italian stall. If he is here, my old ps3 was almondtea.

shockwave
2013-04-30 07:23:31
Xenomorph
Wait, dang it, ummm...... how do you fight in a RPG grrrr why do I have to be in this situation !

FireHunter
2013-04-30 08:40:10
Xenomorph
No, The Hive (My clan) is not a PS3 clan. It is a clan for those who are on my side in RPGs, if you're in the Shadow Serpents, you're on Bloo's side.

Anyway, fighting in an RPG is basically, you write in your post that you attack the player (Describe how you attacked them though) and for the sake of making it more interesting you can make them block or dodge, or even strike back in your post. When they post it will be them attacking you. Of course it doesn't have to go exactly like that, one player can run away and the other player can choose whether to run after them or not.
Kirby-Cage
2013-04-30 13:46:43
Xenomorph
ShockWave when you're accepted into the Shadow Serpents myself and the rest of the clan I'm sure will give you a hands-on Sparring session that will help you get a better idea for how RPGs go. I kinda wish the Sparring chamber didn't get shut down but it did or I'd say we start your training right away.
Runner of Shadows

THE SPAMMERBORNE

Sub-leader of the Shadow Serpents
Register or login to post

Alien Vs Predator Movies

Like AvP Universe
Become a fan on
Facebook
Follow us on
Twitter
Movies
Alien vs Predator
AvP : Requiem
Games
Aliens vs Predator
Aliens vs Predator 2
AvP : Extinction
Aliens vs Predator 3
Books
Comics
Movies
Alien
Aliens
Alien³
Alien Resurrection
Prometheus
Games
Alien Trilogy
Colonial Marines
Books
Comics
Movies
Predator
Predator 2
Predators
Games
Predator : CJ
Books
Comics
Link to Us
Contact
:: Associates ::
AvP Unknown
Planete Alien
Prometheus-Movie
The Alien vs Predator - Universe website doesn't own or represent any of the trademarks.
Alien vs Predator, Alien, Predator and all related marks are trademarks of 20th Century Fox or of any of its corporations.
All trademarks and copyrights are owned by their respective owners