My short analysis

daveberg, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

I wrote this in response to another post, let me hear your analysis....

Alien is the best of the four. The instigator of the whole series, high on suspense and tension, indeed a classic.

Aliens was meant to be a different breed of film all together, an action packed movie, and loved by many with the introduction of the queen.

Alien3 tried to go back to the roots of the alien films, the dark claustrophobic suspense of a killer creature stalking it's prey one by one. A very Gothic feel to it. Some say this was Sigourney Weavers best performance.

Alien Resurrection tried to be something it wasn't. It tried to be Aliens. Moderate action, cheesey characters and introduction of the new born, led this film to be held as the worst of the four.

Now we come to AVP. This little beast had us all foaming at the mouth, the hype was incredible, pred and alien fans alike waited with baited breath for the showdown of the century. What we got was nothing but a throw away movie. No name actors, passable script, plot holes gallour, great action but far too short. AVP left a bad taste in the mouth of fans, it was indeed, a let down.

more.jpg
www.thorndesigns.net
darkness of acheron

Predfan001, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

hay topdog go to google then seach "predator angeltowns" then search, it will ask did you mean, dont click it go down to the very first sight listed, then click on it then when your there scroll down to pred or alien new and it has info for alien 5 and predator 3

Topdogg, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

cheers mate just had a look but i donty like that story line sounds a bit hmmmmm would need alot of money to put into it so but who would they use for dutch arnies a weel old man and could a heart attack

hay look at the pretty flying alien
flyingavatar3ax.jpg

topdogg2.jpg

Topdogg, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

no that was a true statment dave couldnt have said it better, lets just hope for alien fans aeround the world that maybe one day there could be alien 5 but then again i know hard core fans like urself wont be to pleased with the pred/alien breed as it is going to be in the spot light for the next avp

topdogg2.jpg

the_doctor, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

yeah well i beleive in a directors cut where most of the scenes from the book r in it (and i have proof) and there is a scene in the book where the pred is running way faster than her and she tells him to slow down and he does i think the whole faster thiong was cut and the running together was keept in

are you predator or prey?
http://huntinground.tripod.com/

thedoc.jpg

Unknown, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

yeh that looked .

The Black Warrior gets everyone.

ya that does make sense but it looked weird when they ran of together the girl was like 5ft with an alien head for an arm and the pred whos like 7ft

y was that stupid she killed and alien and he was sorta thanking her for giving him his plasma caster

thedoc.jpg

i thought the stupidest part was when the pred gave the mane character the head and tale for a weapon and shield

i agree with all of that its a perfect defintion of all the films also i would like to direct a movie as well or write a movie that would be cool also

thedoc.jpg

The one thing i noticed in AVP was that everything was still ONE on ONE. The only exception was the preds on the top of the pyramid but that was short

The Black Warrior gets everyone.

ya i thought avp was a real big disapointment

i agree i want to be a director and even i could do a better job!

i use net gun,combat stick(acid proff),smart disk,2rist blades,and predator armor,3 shurckens,pred helmet with heat and alien seancers,all so i can think about my obtions and i have a great knowlege.

Bootydaddy, Xenomorph, 19 years ago

Actually I just hope the AVP2 would go back to the story they mentioned about 1000 years ago how preds came to earth and helping human and how those xeno-serpents getting out of control sort of thing, I thihk in this case the original short wirstbalde could appear again.....!

The movie industry could consider making AVP2 as classic adventure type story base (for example consider it as a rate-R type indian jones or mummy....)!

The master pred is back!

that is a great summery of the alien movies