Best Game?

Deathdrop, Yautja, 12 years ago

I think this will probably be a very short thread, but hopefully it'll surprise me. What's your favorite A/P/AVP video game and why?

For me, it's the AvP beat-em-up arcade game by Capcom. Holy shit but I sank money into that thing as a kid. That was one of the big things that made me an AvP fan, as ridiculous as it was.

badapple24, Yautja, 12 years ago

Predator: concrete jungle

Because It gave a more accurate life of a predator and gave more weapons of the predator that alot of people didn't know about.

I also liked the storyline and the costumes through out the ages at the time it was only predator avp and predator 2. i did like the alien hunter costume

I also liked AVP 2010 however the only problem i experienced with it was the face hugger you shouldve been able to wake back up then it rips out of you so you die later on. however i did like all of the blood in the alien campain

DarkLioness, Yautja, 12 years ago

I cannot recall them name at the moment but I played an Alien game at the local AMC theater. I put about 4 dollars worth of quaters in that thing after the movie I went to see with my aunt and mom was over. I even got my name on the scoreboard. I'm a damn good gamer(soon to be damn good online gamer) when it comes to car games, hunting games and shooting games. The only game someone can beat me at is Men of Valor and the only person who can beat me at that is my dad.

PREDATORv2, Yautja, 12 years ago

AVP2 the pc game; everything good about the first game completely perfected. The single player campaigns were outstanding and the multiplayer to this day will get your heart pounding.

-Bloo-, Yautja, 12 years ago

For some reason I'm extremely fond of Extinction. It wasn't nearly the best at anything it did, but fuck me if it wasn't entertaining for a good three hours at a time.

Sometimes I wish I could play it again, but then I realize the experience might be like trying to get back into playing Indian Freeze Tag at lunch time - cool shit I used to love the hell out of, but might not be so awesome now.

FireHunter, Yautja, 12 years ago

I think that Predator: Concrete Jungle is definitely one of my favorites, simply because I loved the gameplay, and at the time, the graphics. But besides that I'd have to agree with Bloo, Extinction was pretty good, and it kept me entertained for ages.

Maybe I'll jump on that bandwagon, too. Sure it wasn't the greatest game ever, but I did love jumping around the levels for hours. My favorite costume was the Jungle Hunter. I never did like the default look.

Wow, there's a lot more variety here than I expected. Color me surprised.

Anyway, I forgot to put my favorite memory from the arcade game: Zombies. Yes, zombies. Apparently the chestbursters can control the bodies of their hosts before they hatch, resulting in purple-skinned zombies. Now I would facepalm, but at age 9 I naturally thought it was the coolest thing ever.

@Bloo: I agree about Extinction. I used to replay the first alien level over and over again, trying to build the perfect hive. I even had a room for the corpses to be stored, and for some reason came up with a jingle in my head for the Xeno's terrible (yet hilarious) dragging animation, because I am weird.

Peterson, Yautja, 12 years ago

Extinction is by far one of my favorite games as console RTS games go, but honestly i have to say my all time favorite AVP game was the last console version that came out, I thought the story and plot behind the differnt campeigns where intense and some of the multiplayer wasnt too bad, but I will say this, Concrete Jungle is only about a hair behind avp3, loved that game to death, just something about fleying a human and leaving their corpse hanging from a building was overly epic! But I dont Know in a couple of months my mind may have changed in regards to Colonial Marines.

daveberg, Yautja, 12 years ago

Alien Trilogy without a shadow of a doubt. Fantastic game and extremely atmospheric!

Iseijin, Yautja, 12 years ago

Concrete Jungle.

The environment was what got me, it's not the best sand-box game and some areas leave a lot to be desired, but the storyline was entertaining enough in a I-don't-have-to-think-too-hard sort of way, straightforward, and jumping from building to building kept me distracted. I loved the various costumes and weapons, and the killing blow animation always made me smile in sick glee.

It's my rainy day game.

ash, Yautja, 12 years ago

First thing, OMG DD I used to find that little dance the Xeno's did when carrying corpses hilarious! Having a lil shake whilst moving the bodies haha.

I would say my favorite WAS Alien Trilogy however this was because it was sooooo scary as a child playing it! Then my mind changed at AVP Extinction because the replay value was much higher for me. I played it non stop to perfect everything in it. Even are a few years like you say Bloo, you didn't know whether replaying would be a disappointment. It wasn't for me (last year played) and I did it all again.

I like the feel of AVP3 and the Predator story was my favorite due to the mechanics of the Predator himself really. But all in all wasn't the best. The online was awesome at the time and did try playing with Dave a couple times lol. But it seems to have fizzled out now.

I never did get into the new AVP game. Usually you might find me diving right into something like this, but that certain something just never clicked with me in this case. I'm going to go ahead and attribute it to my falling out as a gamer while turning more into a music junkie/movie goer in recent years - I haven't even picked up the new Assassin's Creed or Zelda, and I've yet to actually log any hours into every single game I've bought in the past five months (6+ or so, I can't even name one other than Halo Anniversary). My Xbox is sitting in the corner like a neglected puppy's skeleton.

And yet I've seen nearly a movie a day since January of last year and have expanded my music library up to something I can't possibly listen to in a sensible amount of time without exploding my ears.

But, I'm going off-topic here.

Anyway, DD, I'd like to actually hear (read?) that jingle.

DeathWraith, Yautja, 12 years ago

^ The gameplay sucked. It's this new idea developers have, that games are TOO HARD FOR NEW PLAYERS so they need to dumb down the gameplay to minimum wit requirements. It happened to Mass Effect, it happened to Dragon Age, it happened to Command&Conquer, it happened to Hitman and it happened to AvP3. The gameplay was just stupid and having to choose where you land before you even jump is one of the dumbest things ever invented. It wasn't just that, the whole game engine was badly made, they sacrificed complexity for better graphics... things like that.

"having to choose where you land before you even jump is one of the dumbest things ever invented"

Fucking A.

@Bloo: Wasn't much to it, really.

Drag-ging Corp-ses,

Drag-ging Corp-ses,

Drag-ging corp-ses hoooooooome!

And there was a bit about getting them facehugged or "Mom will get pissed," but it's been so long that I forgot.

phineusbright247, Yautja, 12 years ago

CoD is one of the best games I've played but unfortunately i couldn't own it......used to play it on my friends PC....now that i have money i cant decide if i should buy BF3 or MW3 .......same friend also owns a ps3 and my brother owns a xbox on which he said he'd let me play now.......cant decide.........

^ That's nice, but this is a thread for AvP games.

BananaAlienKing, Yautja, 12 years ago

Well at our cinema we have the aliens extermination arcade game which is preety cool with the pulse rifles with the didgital ammo display. Although its pretty hard to beat one level without being very good at it or if you have a bunch of tokens to revive.