The beacon from the derelict in ALIEN = Noomi Rapace speech in start of Prometheus trailer?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Just A theory of mine. Clutching at straws really.

Watch the Prometheus trailer, right at the start you'll hear Rapace saying "You don't understand - I was wrong, we were so wrong! I'm so sorry..."

I'm slowly beginning to think that this is her character leaving a final transmission on the crashed Jockey ship we see in the trailer - leaving a warning for anyone else who may follow. That warning turns out to be the garbled distress signal the Nostromo 'picks up' in ALIEN.

Is this too far out a thought?

Iseijin, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

It certainly does fit the sequence of the end of the prequel being the beginning of the original; they love those 'full circle' endings.

ash, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Could be yeah but I'm going to go more dramatic and say the space jockey in his seat sends out the beacon on his last breathes of life :)

Well, it's (almost) been confirmed that the space jockey as we know it, is actually a suit. If this is going the way I think it is, then, at an extreme push......is that going to be Noomi Rapace in the jockey's chair sending the message/distress signal??

I know, it's a totally out there theory, but it has been a strong rumour for quite a while now, although, I will say, i'm hoping that is NOT the case.

ash, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Yeah the Space Jockey is a suit I know but still it would be stupid idea if its a human inside. Plus with it being a suit the bones where still too large and the face not of a human at all. My guesses is the guy in the trailer is the humanoid.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Hmm... This could actually work.

Maybe a biomechanical suit? The original Aliens (the specie, not the movies) were supposed to be a hybrid of machine and beast, but they left the creatures as fully organic. Maybe the Space Jockey suit is a sentient thing (being?) that requires another sentient to fully activate it; it's not alive on its own, but can be brought to life -through- another.

^ This.

Definitely ties in with one of the thories that is doing the rounds on the internet right now.

I'm still marvelling at how Scott is managing to maintain such a closed lid on this film, I think it adds to the media hype as people are getting worked up into a frenzy with random conjecture!

So - if the 'pilot' in Alien is indeed a suit and this last message from Rapace is indeed the distress signal that the Nostromo picks up, are we to think that inside the fossil remains of the pilot suit is Rapace? Very wild assumption, and not one i'm fond of, but my mind is starting wonder off....

I still don't get why send the distress signal at all.

If I find something, a very dangerous something that can threaten - if not wipe out - the entire population of my specie, and I'm unable to contain it, I'm not going to call for help for more to come and practically doom them to the same fate - or worse.

I think Ripley actually deciphered the beacon/signal and told the rest of the Nostromo crew she believed it was actually a warning....clearly Ash had other motives and tried to down play the whole ordeal.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Very true, Ripley stats that it "appears to be a warning...". I can't help but be a little bummed out in thinking that rather than seeing a xenomorph type creature; all that ties the prequel with alien is going to be a distress signal.