Prometheus-The Jockeys/Proto-Xenomorphs

FireHunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Here's a little treat for your imaginations (I'm sure everyone has one)

What do you think the Space Jockeys actually look like, or the Proto-Xenomorphs?
This is entirely speculation, people.

I apologise, sincerely, to those who thought there'd be a picture of one in this thread.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Since it seems likely that the big huge beast in the chair is just a shell, I'm assuming they look a lot like us.

Stalker, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I really hope the Jockeys don't look too humanoid. It's still hard to speculate on their appearance at this point though.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

If they're humanoid, it's probably more of a way for audiences to feel for them, if humans are the bad guys and they're the innocent ones. At worst, they're giant, bald humans that can speak fluid (and perfect/better) English. (Their speaking our language would probably make more sense in this case than most, however, due to their part in creating us.)

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Humanoid. For those who have the trailer in HD - pause it during the shot of the Chair rising from the floor and look to the corner right hand of the screen - massive humanoid/biomech looking figure standing there. Has a strong resemblance to the huge stone head in the ampule room images.

The alleged proto-xeno's are being heavily linked to mutation at the moment, with hints that the humans are punished for trying to steal the power of the 'gods' (Jockeys) and result in their genetics being tampered with.....

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

33.jpg

I thought it wasn't set in stone that that thing was the Jockey. I mean, that's probably the only explanation for it, but still.

There's definitely been no confirmation of this, but scale wise, the character in this shot is massive compared to shots of the Nostromo crew when investigating the Jockey - plus you can clearly make out biomech on the figure too - i'm going with this being the jockey....for now. ;o)

I'm actually still hoping we won't get to see any Xenomorphs - perhaps a fleeting glimpse of an egg or the fatal facehugger that deals the jockey its final breath, something tangible that leads the end of the film on a path to A L I E N.

Ah well, like I said, it's probably the only explanation for it anyway. Besides, not everyone's gonna dissect the trailer like we do.

Then again, I don't know anyone else who's gonna watch the movie. I'm hoping to be surprised by the casual movie-going public.

Part of me agrees with you on that last bit, though - to have a total xeno attack at the end where it's even the main conflict would kind of be like how the film Sunshine fell from the pedestal it set itself on with its first two acts. Fortunately the last five minutes or so were absolutely brilliant - or enough so that it picked back up, at least. Hopefully the case is a better one with Prometheus.

Edit: Okay, so apparently Noomi Rapace is being reported as a "female Space Jockey" in this article. Um... what?

The person who wrote that article CLEARLY has no idea what the hell they are talking about!

Unless they know something we don't.....

The latest rumour doing the virtual rounds is that of 'David' the android on board the Prometheus, being the 'protagonist' for all mankind......

Take from that what you will - some believe that the figure in the pilot chamber IS David. Not sure how I feel about this, a lot of wild speculation right now for a film that is keeping its cards close to its chest.

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I really don't like the idea of Humans or Androids being the proto Xenomorphs or Space jockeys.

The whole concept of the Space jockey was originally fantastic, it was even less know to the audience than the Xenomorphs themselves, the jockeys are a blank canvas full of speculation and enless potential.

Genetic mutation in the world of science fiction isn't very creative, I hope there's a better or bigger plot to this, they deserve something mind bending and, dare I say, ALIEN (excuse the pun).

Of course, thankfully, we're all still speculating.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I DO like the idea of androids being proto-xenomorphs. I love it, actually. Though I know this will not be the case, because it is too far-fetched for it to sound plausible to today's audience... But just think about it, wouldn't it be awesome for something that's not even an actual life form to mutate into what we know as the Xenomorph? Just the idea of it... The android was something made by humans, meant to serve and protect them, and against everything it was supposed to stand for, it turned into a mockery of the way we try to recreate life in our image just to feel secure about something we should not play with. That would be pretty fucking great, as long as you don't think about it too much. But since we WILL think about it too much, it's a good thing that it's not happening.

^That actually sounds brilliant. If done the best anyone could ever do it, I'd love to see it happen.

Well, let's dig deeper with this....

What, primarily, are the Androids? Mechanical, yes? So if infused with a 'foreign' biological DNA from the Jockeys/Engineers - that would make them, what? Biomechanical?

We all know the Xenomorphs themselves are classed as being biomechanical....

Very interesting to say the least. Definitely food for thought.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Exactly, one of the big points on the alien: special features is that Ridley and giger wanted the alien to be a combination of a machine and organic. I'd like to see them starting off like that. By the time they reach alien resurrection, they're basically just over sized cockroaches.

jaguargod, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

There was a short story about the Space Jockeys in and old Dark Horse Presents comic. The Spack Jockey was actually a creature not a suit worn by another creature. I don't remember too much detail about it beyond that.

supersonicman96, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I hope the humans don't become the proto-xenomorphs. But I am curious on the space jockeys.

I think that is what INDEED will happen. In the new trailer it looks like we have human mutations happening...

Hyperdome, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Did anyone else notice that Giger painting on the ceiling? (pointing with flashlight) Very nice detail! Kudos for Sir Ridley for bringing H.R. Giger back with new designs to Prometheus!

Did it move????

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

With the whole Bio-mechanical ideal it wouldn't suprise me if the Jockey's ship itself is alive, even on a sub-motoristic or instinctive level.

With the idea that the Space Jokey's are more bio-mechtric suits, rather than composite organic life forms, you can't help but wonder how things will pan out.

I wonder if the same laws of physics and perception will exist on the derelict?