The space jockey,the xenomorph,and the yautja are the connected in a pattern

bloodstriker, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Like the title suggests the infomation states the question?why?Its said in the movies and games that the xenomorphs were created by the yautja right?Then who created the yautja?Hmm?And who created the jockeys hmm and they are only mentioned and seen in alien and (alien prometheus) well if you answer or shed some light on the subject just holla at me people and yes if you can answer the question just type it here.
PEACE

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The Preds didn't create the Xenos, for starters. We're not sure if the Jockeys created them yet, so hopefully Prometheus will shed some light on that.

As to who created the Jockeys... Why are we assuming something else created them? They could have just evolved naturally and expanded out into space once they hit the singularity.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Aliens and jockeys go hand in hand. The predators are a completely different race, they are not connected to the jockeys or the aliens in any other way than is simply explained in the second predator movie; is that the predators hunt the aliens.

Even in the avp movies, there is nothing that ties jockeys to predators. Only time I've seen anything mention is in the comics. That the predators had conflicts with the jockeys and aliens were made to combat the predators. (again if I'm recalling it correctly.)

Well yes they could have but i havent heard of the jockeys for starters and how did they get here.why would they make such a horrible thing such as the xenomorph then.And even more they created a new type of xeno the red xeno.to combat the black xeno

The Space Jockey? Big dead thing in the derelict ship from Alien 1?

"how did they get here"

I still don't understand this question. They just ARE.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

This is the best tread ever made and i will book mark it for re reading one day.

Epic Quoted added

Whats that supposed to mean?

and everything happens for a reasen how did it get there for 1 and how did the eggs get there?

Whats that supposed to mean?

and everything happens for a reasen how did it get there for 1 and how did the eggs get there?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

It depends on your take on things and what you class as 'cannon'

Prometheus is rumoured to finally explain to us that the Aliens were created as bio-weapons by the Space Jockeys/engineers as a means to 'drop and cleanse' planets - or in the new films' case - as a punishment to humans for trying to steal the secrets of creation for their own personal gain.

Some choose to believe the xenomorphs evolved on their own, others believe the Jockeys created them to aid in the war on the predators.

It's all presonal preference, but in my opinion, i'll stick to the theories from the films (excluding AVP, of course)

Thing is, if Prometheus does show the creation of the Xenos only a few decades before Alien, then 90% of the EU is effectively wiped out.

Hell, even the AvP films would be rendered non-canon (which they basically were already, but this would make it official).

And you know what? I'm fine with that.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

^Yes.

The only problem with getting rid of all the ridiculous shit that happened before Alien is that it would mean Predator 2 never happened. This would be fine and all for now to spit in AVP's face, but future writers will eventually come up with time-traveling bullshit to find a way to fit the AVP films back into the timeline, undoubtedly in another crossover film, or possibly even the next Predator sequel.

cleticyautja, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

i honestly think that the jockeys must have made those xenos a long time ago considering the preds used them a couple of thousands of years ago.

Then again its from AvP

I don't actually think the Predators fit in with the Alien franchise at all, it was just a clever way to keep the cash cow moving.

I have a feeling Prometheus is going to be a film of epic proportions.

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I agree with Daveberg. We have to stop bringing Predators into the equation unless we are given any insentive to do so.

-Bloo-, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Not that keeping Predator 2 in the same timeline as the Alien films is an absolute must.....as long as it takes the AVP movies down with it, I really don't mind. I just always thought the whole "Aliens versus Predator" thing was really interesting. Obviously the idea translates poorly to the big screen, but I'd never say there isn't a way to fit the two together in some way.

Then again, maybe I'm too open.

Praetorian, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

The AvP concept is great for games and comics, but on the big screen it just doesnt fit.

I think the main problem is trying to fit humans in the mix (which completely limits the script), not the whole AvP concept. But without humans your dont have a movie.
In a movie you have to empathize with the characters and it's a bit hard to empathize with a Pred, even more with a Xeno.

I'm ok with the Preds like to hunt Xenos concept, but I dont think we should force Xenos into Preds culture. Or look to Predators as Xenos creators or tamers.

But without knowing what Prometheus is goint to tell us we cant get into much more conclusions.

IF Prometheus ends up invalidating all the AvP stuff, it would just mean the Predator/AvP stuff takes place in a different universe/continutity/whatever.

People who want it all to fit will probably still find a way, but it seems like this is a full-on reboot.

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

^ As someone who's never agreed with the idea that Alien canon, Predator canon and AvP canon should be the same thing, I sincerely don't give a shit about what Prometheus invalidates. It's not like the AvP movies' plots are some great pieces of art that make any real sense. One thing to be concerned about is people suggesting that, if xenomorphs only appeared in the far future and the Predator 2 ship already had an Alien skull in the past, it should mean that Predators are capable of time travel.

I look at them as two completely different franchises - vs scenarios are the thing of comic books and shouldn't really be done on the silver screen unless they're based in their own continuity, outside the cannon of the franchise.

Prometheus will stick to the Alien franchise timeline and ignore everything AVP shoved down our throats.

RuthlessWarrior, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

"it should mean that Predators are capable of time travel."

^Now that sounds pretty interesting. As for the Space Jockey I had always wondered what thing in the chair in Alien was. At first I thought it was a mummfied human of some sort. Of course now I see how wrong I was. Wasn't there a Space Jockey skull in the ship in AVPR? I know I know no one wants to bring up that blasphemous piece of shit. However that blasphemous piece of shit has one scene of importance: The supposed Space Jockey skull.

Wraith please don't rip my throat out over this, Harpy please don't hate me because of this and DarkCountess babe please don't dump me over this! This is just an opinion and opinions as like asshole: everyone has one.

AmerthystBlades, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Jelly Fish don't have assholes but I see your point.

I had never noticed the supposed Jockey Skull in AVPR. You are right to call it a "blasphemous piece of shit".