Prometheus - See anything familiar......?

daveberg, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

pilot-chamber.jpg

Derelict.jpg

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Welp, haven't had much time to discuss this due to an overload of real life stuff, but I am so ready to pee myself with anticipation. So on that note, is it just me, or is that seat empty? I can't tell very well due to the font being all over the cannon, but I think it is, judging by how it looks with a jockey obviously sitting in it:

tumblr_kt09gyXHvv1qzexpio1_500.jpg
tumblr_kppl8ldU2M1qzexpio1_500.jpg
SpaceJockey.jpg

Look closer my friend.....

I missed it at first, but there definitely some..thing in the chair (Human?), and also some...thing looking onwards at it, in the far right hand side.

*Edit*

Scratch that - the HD trailer is finally out - you're right, the chair is empty - but it looks like the Space jockey? is to the right of it....

DeathWraith, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

From what I see so far and from what you've said in the other thread, I think the theory that the Aliens were first created by the Jockeys and then evolved into their "current" form is very likely right now, no? I mean you can definitely see something that has to do with acid in the trailer and there's also what Ridley Scott said about evisceration and the creatures in Prometheus being a kind of proto-xenomorph (I think I remember him saying something like that in an early interview).

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

See what appeared to be the jockey's head they were examining?! Or the 'head' could be a helmet. Ha this is awesome!

Jockey Head/Helmet

concretehunter, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I loved the trailer, The only thing i didnt love was the costumes but i can get over that! This is so obviously a alien prequel.

Gaunt, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

I have to say the official trailer is pretty impressive, I saw reference to acid and skin molting and/or graphts of some kind.

Seems like origins of the Xenomorphs to me.

Hahah Jockey helmet ... mabey the Xenomorphs were the Space Jockeys! o.O

Most definitely a jockey 'helmet' or something to that effect.

Interesting to see the Jockey ship in a vertical position - I'm still thinking the Prometheus crashes into it in mid air leading to the Jockey craft to plummet down (What we see in the trailer)

Anyone have any theories on what that crew member is extracting from the urn? (Something concealed in a green slime)

bloodstriker, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

Facehugger maybe because in the trailer he screams after he extracts what ever is in the urn.

Deathdrop, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

OH SWEET CHRIST I only just got around to watching the trailer. Looks amazing so far, particularly the Derelict(!) moving and the chair coming up.

Anyone know if the original Derelict sets were still around for them to work off of? Because the Jockey chair looks damn-near identical to how it looked in Alien.

PREDATORv2, Xenomorph, 12 years ago

In the DVD box set; alien quadrilogy. Fox says they donated a ton of alien/aliens/alien3/alien rez stuff to a guy named Bob Burns, if I'm recalling this correctly. It was that or Fox was just going to throw everything out. The guy; Bob, made sort of a museum out of all the tons of stuff from the 4 movies.

Hopefully some of what I'm saying is true, haven't watched the quadrilogy in a while. However if anyone would have the jockey set it would be him, so that helps with making things match up.