help with multiplayer online!?

MichelleNyan, Undefined, 12 years ago

So I downloaded AVP2 demo for multiplayer and I want to play multiplayer internet but whenever I click find servises after a few secs it says 'WS_TimeOut'. Could someone explain why? Is it because its a demo? my Internet is connected and works fine. By the way its downloaded on my school laptop and they have some firewall thing that blocks websites and things at school and sometimes home. Could this be the reason? please reply!

And I have also download some platches to see if it will fix but it didnt work :(

Gaunt, Undefined, 12 years ago

The demo did have a supported web server years back but it was shut down. This means the demo version of AVP2 can't find any dedicated servers for the multiplayer anymore, as they are all offline.

The message 'WS_TimeOut' you've found verifies this as the game can't find a valid web server and halts all actions as a result (timing out).

I'm not sure if the patches will be compatible with the demo version of the game.

Regardless I shall give you the steps to get multiplayer up and running:

STEP 1: Have AVP2 installed on your computer, either be like me and actually own the game or I'm sure you can find free downloads of AVP2 on the web.

STEP 2: Now you need to update the AVP2 game to verison 1.0.9.6 You can do this by copying and pasting this link into your browser and downloading the update patch. Then just run the install program.

http://www.filefront.com/845631/AvP2-Update-1.0.9.6-English/

STEP 3: Copy and paste this link into your browser, then download the file that pops up. This Zip file contains the Master server saver patch, unzip it and install it.

http://master.lithfaq.com/download/AvP2SMSInstall_1.5.1.zip

STEP 4: Restart your computer after installing both updates.

STEP 5: Run the AVP2. Once the main screen loads click 'Multiplayer Internet' the screen will change and it will saying about checking for updates. A box will appear saying that the game has found and update and it will give you the option to click 'OK' or click 'CANCEL'.

CLICK CANCEL

STEP 6: Now click 'Find Internet Games' screen will change and display a list of running servers (after a few seconds of loading) Click on any one of the servers and get ready to game!

Hope this helps you out, although, as you're using a school laptop you may have problems running the game, downloading and installing patches.

Ok thank you, Iv tried that and it didn't work. It doesn't really matter right now anyway because im buying the full game soon :) Thank you for your help :)

Your welcome.

Be sure to try out these steps if the multiplayer doesn't work out for you.

One more question:

how many people still play multiplayer online?

As far as I can remember there are still quite a few servers running, the number of people varies.

If by any chance you can't find a populated server, host one, and you should have a good skirmish going in no time.

Ok thanks :D